Sponsored

Emergency hail protection/cover?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Now that summer is right around the corner I'm worried about hail damaging my S550. Problem is, sometimes it comes on in the middle of a sunny day and is done 5 min. later. However, most often it'll look like windy/rainy day already and when it starts it's only in small little pebbles before the bigger stuff comes down.

Is there anything out there that might be like a thick/padded cover that can be used to protect the car from hail damage? My only concern there would be making sure it stays clean and free from dust/debris that might get dragged across the car when putting it on.I thought out one of those EZ-Up tents but those take a while to put up and with any wind they're like a kite.

The obvious answer might be not to drive places or on days that the car might be subjected to hail. I'm just looking to see what possible solutions might be out there if found in such a situation.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
you can buy a hail protector car cover which can be found on amazon or ebay. its pretty much a regular cover that has foam inside of it.

or park somewhere covered when you think its gonna hail :)

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I had my car annihilated by acorns, probably over 200 dents in all from one night. When i spoke to the PDR guy he said this was similar to some of the hail damage he has seen in the past. I asked him what i could do to stop it.
He said the best thing is a thick padded duvet or top blanket. itll look goofy and depending on the wind may not stick but the thick padding should protect it.