convertible wind deflector

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
I used the deflector from lovethe drive, but after a few hours, we realized our kids were in the back seats. We thought we lost them. :lol:
jk
Sponsored

Joihan777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johann
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang Convertible
I use the "Windblocker SE" from my previous 2012 Mustang. It fits pretty well.

It may not look as good as the 'hard' screens, but it works. It also folds up into a small pillow sized pouch.
20170429_091701.jpg
20170429_091637.jpg
20170429_091625.jpg

Last edited:

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
CDC Light bar and LoveTheDrive wind deflector installed. Thanks to fellow forum member [MENTION=29306]parajax[/MENTION] for convincing me to get it. Still think the bar looks better on his color stang, but I am happy nonetheless.
IMG_2970.JPG

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
CDC Light bar and LoveTheDrive wind deflector installed. Thanks to fellow forum member [MENTION=29306]parajax[/MENTION] for convincing me to get it. Still think the bar looks better on his color stang, but I am happy nonetheless.
Looks great man :headbang:
Cant wait to install mine

:cheers:

Sponsored

parajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert
That looks great! Looks like an extension of the black interior and plays off the black wheels.

NedMcMahon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible
Sorry, have not been on here much lately. To answer some questions about how I made the back seat cover.... here are some pics as I did it. I used cardboard to form a template - on the back side, I form fit it around the seat contours and made extensions that fit into the rear seat belt openings. On the front side, I contoured the template to slide into the front seat belt openings and onto the back of the seats. I used the template to trace onto thin plywood and cut it out.

Initially, I intended to make it so that it could fold and fit in my trunk - so I cut the wood into two separate parts so that I could hinge them. I backed off of this plan and just connected to the two parts together.

I covered it with fabric that speaker makers use to build those sub boxes. Available from many suppliers online.

All told, it cost maybe $50 and 1/2 a day.

If I had to do it over again, I would use a thicker wood - and make the parts that slide into the seatbelt openings of metal.

As for the ability to move the seats, you can move them - but I really the only driver so, I don't move them. Plus it is a detterent for my wife to drive my car so I win.
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
For those wondering about [MENTION=16968]9111tiles[/MENTION] Windstop, it's something that appears to be only available from Ford in Europe (which I find very strange, still good to know that those of us outside the US have the odd item that's not available in the Mustang's home country!). I've got the same one on my 'vert

It mounts to a couple of clips that have to be drilled into the side near the rear speakers and it also slots into the holes where the seat belt comes out the car.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Sorry, have not been on here much lately. To answer some questions about how I made the back seat cover.... here are some pics as I did it. I used cardboard to form a template - on the back side, I form fit it around the seat contours and made extensions that fit into the rear seat belt openings. On the front side, I contoured the template to slide into the front seat belt openings and onto the back of the seats. I used the template to trace onto thin plywood and cut it out.

Initially, I intended to make it so that it could fold and fit in my trunk - so I cut the wood into two separate parts so that I could hinge them. I backed off of this plan and just connected to the two parts together.

I covered it with fabric that speaker makers use to build those sub boxes. Available from many suppliers online.

All told, it cost maybe $50 and 1/2 a day.

If I had to do it over again, I would use a thicker wood - and make the parts that slide into the seatbelt openings of metal.

As for the ability to move the seats, you can move them - but I really the only driver so, I don't move them. Plus it is a detterent for my wife to drive my car so I win.
Great job Bud!!!! Have you considered using a piece of acrylic or similar to fold up/down for additional wind protection? Or is it fine as is?

This guy on this video created a decent looking one as well

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]pZh8PC9wNw8[/MEDIA]"]

NedMcMahon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible
I wanted simple. Ultimately, I really like the speedster type tonneau cover. Cervani makes one, but not for our year - I've called them. The Mustang Rocket has one to die for (red pic) - but the rear quarter panels are wider and the trunk lid is different so it would not be plug and play for us. The Nieman Marcus special edition has one that is cool too and would fit (blue silver pic). I tracked down the guy who owns the mold for that one and have a call set up on Monday to talk with him about what it would take (group buy?) to get him to supply some. If I could arrange a group buy, are there folks who would be interested?

If none of that works and my eventual plan was to use the base I made to build a speedster type tonneau cover using my template as a base. I built a solar car using kelvar in college - designed the body with another guy, built the molds, laid out the panels, etc - then married it to the chassis designed and built by others on our team. I've also done bondo work on old cars and some fiberglass work on boats. The Mustang is a project for me (or mid-life crisis if you want to call a spade a spade) so using 3d cad and building a mold would be a fun project that would keep me out of harms way for months.
IMG_0408.JPG
image1.JPG

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
If none of that works and my eventual plan was to use the base I made to build a speedster type tonneau cover using my template as a base. I built a solar car using kelvar in college - designed the body with another guy, built the molds, laid out the panels, etc - then married it to the chassis designed and built by others on our team. I've also done bondo work on old cars and some fiberglass work on boats. The Mustang is a project for me (or mid-life crisis if you want to call a spade a spade) so using 3d cad and building a mold would be a fun project that would keep me out of harms way for months.
I'll be in for either option!

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Interested if the price is right. All depends on the cost for the tonneau but really surprised the usual supplier are letting this opportunity pass.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Silly question but does the love my drive do anything for you when the temperature gets a little hot? Does it keep in air conditioner better or only keep the wind down? I get in the fall and spring it can allow one to drop the top sooner due to keeping the wind down and the temperature manageable.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Can't say if I've really noticed. If it's so hot at a stop too where the AC doesnt keep up, I have the top up. When your moving, the vertical screen can be folded down to allow more air flow.
Sponsored