MACH 1

LeanBean_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang GT
So a good friend of mine went to the Shelby Museum here in Las Vegas and talked to the manager and the historian at the location and they had confirmed the MACH 1 to be coming out for 2018 and they will have a 2019 model as well. The 2004 model was the 40th anniversary so that would leave the 2019 to be the 55th!! :ford::headbang::ford::headbang::ford::headbang:
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Darnit.....which I'd asked when I was there during SEMA :D

Hope it's true :ford:

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Since the Mach 1 debuted in '69, a 2019 would be the 50th anniversary of that badged production car.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
And the first year jitters will be gone, for the 2018 changes that is.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Indeed.

Now, I have no problem with the '18MY changes.......in fact I really like them. However, I'd love a Mach 1 to have a unique front fascia/bumper. Nothing too outrageous, just something different from the Ecoboost/GT.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Indeed.

Now, I have no problem with the '18MY changes.......in fact I really like them. However, I'd love a Mach 1 to have a unique front fascia/bumper. Nothing too outrageous, just something different from the Ecoboost/GT.
If the Mach is kept to its usual past status, then I would expect a couple slight modifications, nothing too drastic, with exception of one defining characteristic - love to see a modern rendition of what the shaker was in the day - some type of newfangled intake system that has purpose and looks awesome, but doesn't do the tired old routine of copying the past and lazily slapping on some "retro." That's been done to death. The 18 is looking thoroughly modern - something that compliments it.

But the fascia will likely be similar to the GT.

I'd love to see the whole thing get redefined though. "Mach 1" is the fastest sounding name in the stable. It is literally the definition of a certain insane rate of speed.

Now give a "Cobra JET" engine to a Mach 1 and it would be the coolest combination of nomenclature in the automotive world.

Names like hellcat and demon sound like they're trying too hard and come off kind of lame.

ZL1... what does the even mean? Zed El One? Don't even get me start Al...

Mach 1? Heck yeah. I can get behind that - and so can a Camaro! LOL Pun fully intended.

I'd love to see it take the place of the top tier - Ecoboost monster with GT350R handling and insane acceleration combined with a ludicrous top end.

But... I am only dreaming out loud...*sigh*

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
I'd say the Mach 1 was a rather unique package on the new edge. With an exclusive 4v motor from the Cobras it was more than just an appearance package. I'd hope the new one is something different too, not just appearance mods with a CAI or something.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
As the post I was replying to was referencing cosmetics c features, that was the context of my post.

Even so, the sn95 version slid in under the cobra in the ranks.

With the gt350 occupying that space now, it won't be doing that unless they have bigger plans.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
It would be great to see a Mach 1 again.

It's not simply a derivation of a "movie" car like the Bullitt, the Mach 1 deserves a reappearance simply because of it's very early regular production history.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
The folks at Shelby (Las Vegas) have NO inside line into what Ford is doing and do not know shit! Ford does not discuss future product and they sure as hell haven't discussed this with the 'manager' of the Museum especially as to a 2019 model year car.

The only insight they may have is if Shelby is doing their own version...a post title mod car.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Here's to hoping for a Boss 5.8!
A play on the Boss351.....
My prayers are sent....

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
I remember lots of articles from reputable places about the 2018 Mach 1 and 10-speed auto (was always lumped in the same article). The 10-speed auto was already proven to be correct, so I hope they're right about the Mach 1 too :)

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The name "Mach 1" itself just sounds awesome for a performance car. And the name itself defines a measure of insane speed.

Personally, I'd love it if this badge was applied to the halo car. Shake things up a bit and give the Mach 1 forced induction with active intakes to feed the twins.

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
So a good friend of mine went to the Shelby Museum here in Las Vegas and talked to the manager and the historian at the location and they had confirmed the MACH 1 to be coming out for 2018 and they will have a 2019 model as well. The 2004 model was the 40th anniversary so that would leave the 2019 to be the 55th!! :ford::headbang::ford::headbang::ford::headbang:
so for 2018 ford will have the 2.3L, gt 5.0L, mach 1, bullet, and gt350- holy wow:cheers:seams hard to believe all those just for one car model
Sponsored

Last edited: