Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I would double check the actuator springs are lined up in the flaps. There is a notch where the spring sits in the top of the flap that could easily not line up when installing the actuator.
Exactly what I had in mind when reading his comment. You have to be very aware of what you are doing when installing the actuator motor atop the "cradle" or the two won't mesh properly.

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
Just purchased the setup myself and installed it yesterday.
Some of my observations about the stock exhaust was it was a pretty nice setup. Having worked on mustangs for 20 years now the overall process had to be the most simplistic yet.

On my borla observation, initially everything sounded pretty good. The product presented appeared to be of great quality. Having spent many years building sema vehicles and working mostly with bassani and JBA, this product appeared to be in line with the quality I expected from them.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Ordered just about 2 weeks ago. Being told another 4 weeks til I see it.
More than likely Michigan ran out of stock and more are being built in Tennasee by Borla.

Mine was in stock (Michigan) and only took two weeks from order date to get into Canada and my dealer.

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
Can anyone tell me if the heat shield transfer over is really needed for this? I installed this yesterday with the heat shields and they are creating an unwanted buzz at certain RPMs. I will try to tighten the metal straps, but I feel they are as tight as can be.

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
Still waiting... 5 1/2 weeks so far.
I ordered mine last Fri and it was here and installed on Tues.. I didn't even know they were backordered.. GL, it'll def be worth the wait!:clap2:

Sponsored

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I left mine off. Technically I attempted to put it back on, but after cutting the bands off the plate heated up and I picked it up with my bare hand. In the process of burning myself I threw it across the yard telling it to Go F itself and therefore left it off. I decided through deceive reasoning I didn't really need it while applying ice to my hand.

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
Hahahahahahahaha that sounds like something I'd do except I'd end up hitting my wife's car with it! Lol

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Can anyone tell me if the heat shield transfer over is really needed for this? I installed this yesterday with the heat shields and they are creating an unwanted buzz at certain RPMs. I will try to tighten the metal straps, but I feel they are as tight as can be.
I had unwanted buzz as well. I left them off on my track pack and felt no real difference in heat in the cabin near the tunnel. Haven't put the system on the R yet but I cant WAIT!!!

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
I had unwanted buzz as well. I left them off on my track pack and felt no real difference in heat in the cabin near the tunnel. Haven't put the system on the R yet but I cant WAIT!!!
Seems to be the consensus with the heat shield. :cheers:

Man, I searched for a R, but there was nothing in the market for the budget I was working with. Jelly..

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
So whats the general consensus - ive got my FP exhaust in the garage waiting to be put on - are the heat shields required?

I dont want to mess with the oem exhaust now, I just want to put it in the corner as is, heatshield and all for now. Would heat shield tape above the exhaust on the bottom work? Or strap some heat shield wrap around it with some hose clamps?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.