Sponsored

IF YOU WANT A QUALITY SPARE PLEASE LOOK HERE!

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
Speaking just for me, my requirement are:
fitting over stock calipers front and rear
fitting in OEM trunk wheel well
fit a tire that offers stock diameter

In the summer I take the car on longer trips (1k miles) so I would like more then the pump and gunk
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A spare that will go in the trunk under the deck carpet that will mount on our hubs and clear the calipers at $400 is a home run IMHO.

Again it is an emergency wheel that doesn't need a lot of frills. $400 to me is on the high end. I would imagine if you started a new thread like this one, you will probably get the same response and that should drive the costs down significantly.

Why not test the waters and gauge interest, come up with a rough number and then put a dollar value on it?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Speaking just for me, my requirement are:
fitting over stock calipers front and rear
fitting in OEM trunk wheel well
fit a tire that offers stock diameter

In the summer I take the car on longer trips (1k miles) so I would like more then the pump and gunk
Exactly!

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
+1 here
I'm not sure I care if it fits in the wheel well in the trunk as long as it will fit front and rear and serve to get me off the road.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I was able to find this MMD Axim 19 x 8.5 a couple of years ago on clearance for $111. Unfortunately American Muscle discontinued it. It protrudes 3" above the trunk floor but it doesn't bother me. I custom made a trunk liner to clear the hump. @JohnValo has the same wheel that was thinned down to 6" for a $200 for a flush fit. The issue is of course the brake caliper clearance. I would not have bought them for fear of fitment issues but I saw [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] was using them for winter wheels.
IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
I’m in!

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not sure how you are going to count numbers to know when you have enough but I'm in. Would rather carry a spare than wait half a day in some godforsaken place and worry about the tow. Also don't care too much about fitment in the wheel well.
I've talked to everyone I can at Ford including call backs from them and they have no recommendation on a spare. I've run the serial number on the Dubai owner's delivered spare and can't find it anywhere. So it seems we need a manufactured one.

oldnick9333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 15 GTPP, 02 Lightning
+1 here
I'm not sure I care if it fits in the wheel well in the trunk as long as it will fit front and rear and serve to get me off the road.
Not sure how you are going to count numbers to know when you have enough but I'm in. Would rather carry a spare than wait half a day in some godforsaken place and worry about the tow. Also don't care too much about fitment in the wheel well.
I've talked to everyone I can at Ford including call backs from them and they have no recommendation on a spare. I've run the serial number on the Dubai owner's delivered spare and can't find it anywhere. So it seems we need a manufactured one.
You guys are on my same page. Could care less about fitment in trunk. Emergency and being stranded in Texas is my concern, LOL (although I do carry).

Mosgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I was able to get the mmd maxim 19" before they discontinued and cut it down to 6" width. Put bmw i3 tire on it...155/70-19. Fits in trunk well with a little bump, sticks up about half inch

Why not find a 20" wheel which should clear the calipers and do the same? Cut width and put 155/60-20 on it? OverAll diameter should be same so should fit wheel well too.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I wouldn't hold my breath for this, even though this is probably one of the most important things we could buy for our cars, yet it's not available anywhere. I know GT350's sold in the middle east had GT350 specific spares, but I've tried looking up that part # with no success.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
years ago I had a SRT challenger that did not come with a spare for the same reason. their was a company that made a hubcentric spacer that allowed you to use the factory spare. Would this be a option for us? Even if we needed a different size spacer for the front and rear it would be a easy solution.

http://adaptitusa.com/dodgechallengermagnumchargersrtsparewheelspacer.aspx

Jack

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I think the bigger issue is with the diameter of these massive brakes rather than the offset

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think the bigger issue is with the diameter of these massive brakes rather than the offset

A 19" rim is a 19" if you have the correct offset it should fit.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I doubt every 19" rim has an identical inner diameter. It is that close. My MMD wheel clears by an 1/8" regardless of the offset.
Sponsored