Sponsored

What the heck am I doing wrong?

TripleYellow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow 5.0
This is the second OEM decklid panel to do this to me. All my mounting slots on the trunk itself are perfect now, so there is no reason for this uniform gap along the whole top of the panel.

I seriously need help with this. I don't know what to do at this point. I even put brand new metal clips on it.

Any ideas?
1116171423a-1-1-1.jpg
1116171423-1-1.jpg
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
screw the rubber screw stops in that are to the left and right sides of the latch. spin them until they're all the way in. Should line up.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Have you pulled the carpet liner completely off of the inside of the trunk lid and looked to see what the engagement of the plastic and metal clips is like?

OP
OP
TripleYellow5.0

TripleYellow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow 5.0
screw the rubber screw stops in that are to the left and right sides of the latch. spin them until they're all the way in. Should line up.
Would,this help with the gap at the top of the decklid panel? I'm willing to try anything

OP
OP
TripleYellow5.0

TripleYellow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow 5.0
Have you pulled the carpet liner completely off of the inside of the trunk lid and looked to see what the engagement of the plastic and metal clips is like?
Yep clips are all engaged perfectly. I'm wondering if maybe this panel is warped like I read on other threads. Even without the metal clips it still has the gap.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yep clips are all engaged perfectly. I'm wondering if maybe this panel is warped like I read on other threads. Even without the metal clips it still has the gap.
I don't know, I'll check mine but I feel like mine fits the same way yours does. I had to look at the pictures for a while to see what you were talking about. I know the MMD one I got for my old ecoboost fit very snug against the top of the trunk although it was very difficult to get on as it didn't fit as well as the stock one otherwise.
Sponsored