Sponsored

3rd Party Posting ?

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
In looking at old threads, many if the attached pictures have been replaced by an icon that says you must “update your account” to allow third party posting to see these images. Sorry to be so dense but can someone tell me how to do that ?
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
It usually means someone used an external site to host their pictures (photobucket for example), and then later that site changed their terms of use so now that person needs to pay to allow links to their photos.

It's not something that can be changed on your end, but rather by the person who posted the photos.

It's best to use the "Go Advanced" button on the forums and then click "Manage Attachments" and upload the photos directly to the forum. That way they should last as long as the forum does.

-T

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I recently installed a roll cage and found a good thread on another site which had all kinds of good installation photos that were all hidden due to photobucket's policy change. It was frustrating.

It's a shame. So many good threads were redacted over a policy change in the name of revenue. A picture is worth a thousand words and so much information was lost with ease of accessibility.

I believe a workaround, although not convenient, is go direct to the hosting source and view the photo outside of a third party linked status.

I always upload my photos here for this site to this server. It's a pain, but if you adjust the photo on a photo editor for a maximum of a 1300 pixel width and save it as a jpeg, I will upload no problem.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I always upload my photos here for this site to this server. It's a pain, but if you adjust the photo on a photo editor for a maximum of a 1300 pixel width and save it as a jpeg, I will upload no problem.
And if you don’t adjust, your pic will most likely either be rejected or post upside down, I know from experience:lol:

Thanks [MENTION=7132]Trackaholic[/MENTION]. I’ve never been able to understand this before :thumbsup:

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
It usually means someone used an external site to host their pictures (photobucket for example), and then later that site changed their terms of use so now that person needs to pay to allow links to their photos.

It's not something that can be changed on your end, but rather by the person who posted the photos.

It's best to use the "Go Advanced" button on the forums and then click "Manage Attachments" and upload the photos directly to the forum. That way they should last as long as the forum does.

-T
This is good info... where does one find the 'Go Advanced' button? I looked around on the Reply frame and checked the menu bar at the top.....sorry for the newb question...

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
This is good info... where does one find the 'Go Advanced' button? I looked around on the Reply frame and checked the menu bar at the top.....sorry for the newb question...
Scoll down to the bottom of this screen where you’d type a Quick Reply, the Go Advance button is right underneath the dialogue box. Next to the Post Quick Reply button.

Last edited:

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
:doh:
Sponsored