Sponsored

Clutch on the way out for V6... need advice

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
So I just hit 27k miles and now everytime I start from a stop in first gear my car shudders. Ive tried raising the rpms from a start all the way to 2500 and slipping the clutch and still at the end of releasing the clutch it shudders a bit. At first it was only when it was from a cold start and would go away in a couple minutes, now it's fine from a cold start but 20 mins in it start shuddering from a stop, and starting from 2nd gear it's fine. So far thats the only problem no slippage and car rolls forward if I start in 2nd and just let out the clutch pedal. :frusty::frusty::frusty: I know its got some life left but between 150 mile road trips every weekend and it being my sole transportation to work I need to pull the trigger on this.

I know some of you have replaced your clutches and flywheels and would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Wondering if a stage 1 would fit my criteria but dont know what manufacturer to go with. Also besides the clutch, flywheel, and throwout bearing is there anything else I would need?

Just need something that will take some spirited driving, lasts long, and isnt super expensive (trying to spend no more than $1,000) because I still have to pay a shop to install it. :frusty:

Application for use is as follows
-DD
-Wont track
-Still would like to get on it hard on freeway on-ramps
-Staying N/A
-Dont care about how hard it is to push in (strong legs ;) )

Thanks guys
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Not for nothing, I used a stage 2+ on my gt, and had no problem using the factory flywheel. This is the third vehicle I have a spec clutch in, all three spec said it needed their flywheel, and all three I used the factory flywheel... food for thought.. just make sure to have it resurfaced, no matter what clutch you go with.
Sponsored