Sponsored

More evidence the P Zero's suck..

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
17200 miles on mine. They easily look like they can go another 10000. Rotated every 3500 miles. They handle well for their footprint.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I'm done with this thread. Anyone with any experience with performance tires can tell these are junk. I congratulate those who are happy with them.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Mine lasted 5k and I was not impressed at all. If they were good we all would be replacing them with factory rubber. I know nobody who bought a 2nd set. My cont dws o6 perform better in any situation period. Plus there great in COLD temps.
See posts 40 & 41.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Tire Choice

Really depends on: Type of driving, Track & Conditions not to mention what your running under the hood. I replaced my stock Pirelli Tires with Bridgestone 960AS Potenza on my 2005 Ford Mustang GT - loved those tires back in the day. :D

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm done with this thread. Anyone with any experience with performance tires can tell these are junk. I congratulate those who are happy with them.
If I was into drag racing, Pirelli would not be one of my "go-to" tire sources, and I wouldn't expect too much either.

Side note to GTRacerX on the matter of tire choice - I had the 960AS tires on the Max in my sig. Quite happy with them. Huge step in steering response and precision over the supposedly "performance all-season" Falkens that they replaced.

Going back a whole lot further than that, I was extremely impressed with Pirelli's CN36 series. Enough better than most of the rest that even my wife noticed.

Norm

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
You're telling me that 220 treadwear, max performance summer tires dont hook in the cold and wet winter/fall? Crazy!

For the record, the tires aren't perfect. They spin for days anytime I've launch them above 3200 and they are garbage in the rain. But driving the other day in the morning in the upper 40's, i dead hooked half throttle first gear, and full throttle into second. Maybe the P-Zero's aren't a good fit for the mustang? Seems like alot of higher end cars come equipped with them, and do we see their owner's swapping them out for mid-tier UHP and all-season tires and claiming they are infinitely better???

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
You're telling me that 220 treadwear, max performance summer tires dont hook in the cold and wet winter/fall? Crazy!

For the record, the tires aren't perfect. They spin for days anytime I've launch them above 3200 and they are garbage in the rain. But driving the other day in the morning in the upper 40's, i dead hooked half throttle first gear, and full throttle into second. Maybe the P-Zero's aren't a good fit for the mustang? Seems like alot of higher end cars come equipped with them, and do we see their owner's swapping them out for mid-tier UHP and all-season tires and claiming they are infinitely better???
I would be interested to learn more about how the Pzeros perform on other cars, many manufacturers are still opting for them like the new jeep trackhawk and many many others including supercars ...

I had a similar experience to other users, bad in the rain and cold, good grip when warmed up and I mean really warmed up.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
To summarize;

The OEM Pirellis on the PP cars do what they were designed for very well. Cold/rainy/snowy, not very well. And they don't last long, because 220 wear rating, which is why they grip the road like a terrified toddler grabs it's mother's hand when temps are 75 degrees+.

You can bitch about them because they're not an all-around tire, and they don't last lone. But they were never meant to.

ETA: Keep in mind, the PP car OEM Pirellis were amazing when they debuted, on the Mercedes AMG Black cars, about 10 years ago. Now they're old tech, and being replaced by the Michelin MP4Ss.

Tire tech marches on. Can't bitch about that.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
To summarize;

The OEM Pirellis on the PP cars do what they were designed for very well. Cold/rainy/snowy, not very well. And they don't last long, because 220 wear rating, which is why they grip the road like a terrified toddler grabs it's mother's hand when temps are 75 degrees+.

You can bitch about them because they're not an all-around tire, and they don't last lone. But they were never meant to.

ETA: Keep in mind, the PP car OEM Pirellis were amazing when they debuted, on the Mercedes AMG Black cars, about 10 years ago. Now they're old tech, and being replaced by the Michelin MP4Ss.

Tire tech marches on. Can't bitch about that.
What do you think about the P Zero A/S tires? which are on the CS and I think the Premier models in the US?
For me coming up to 8k done, no real tread-ware, were superb on the Swiss Alps, in snow and sleet, and on the UK it rains 70% of the time, put her on wet mode and no problems at all

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I would be interested to learn more about how the Pzeros perform on other cars, many manufacturers are still opting for them like the new jeep trackhawk and many many others including supercars ...
Could it be that owners of 4WD/AWD and supercars in general aren't into 'lighting 'em up'?

Norm

brendon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I think some people are confusing the P Zero Nero and P Zero Summer (what came on the PP)

I thought the P Zero Summer tires performed quite well on a dry 80 degree day. I was able to pull a bit over .8g side to side on back roads. Beyond that I don't really care for them. I have a set of DWS06's waiting to be mounted for the Winter and early Spring. I'll probably shell out a bit more for the PS4S once I wear out the Pzero's because they're more advanced and superior per most reviews I've read. People should buy replacement tires that fit their needs. The Pzero's are not drag, winter, fall etc. tires.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black

I had a similar experience to other users, bad in the rain and cold, good grip when warmed up and I mean really warmed up.
A guy at work has a 2010 Camaro SS and went through two full sets in 18k miles. He got the second set semi-free under warranty. Not an overly harsh driver either.
Sponsored