Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Pulling the trigger today

G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S
285/35ZR20

anyone see any issues with the 285 on the stock 20" foundrys? diameter difference is 1/2"
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I'm going from the stock tire (P-Zero-Nero) to Michelin's AS3+ a little later today. I'll report back here if I see any differences.

I got about 37k miles out of the Pirelli's.

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Got feedback 285 wont work up front.. researcheng the

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I went DWS06 due to the snow i know i will get stuck in here and there. I can tell theyre softer than the stock pp pirellis but they grip well in all the weather ive seen.

Just wish i had them sooner as i got stuck in a snow storm with the summers. Spent over an hour getting out of the parking spot alone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Im on the 265 35 20s

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I made a couple of assumptions. 1) that you are staying with your current rims, and 2) that they are 9" wide. I don't know the offsets of your rims, so I made a decent guess of 30mm.

Normally, you put in the known-good wheel/tire on the left side of the calculator, and input the what-if parameters on the right side.

I chose 275/35 tire, since it will work with a 9" rim, and BFG makes that size. A 285 is not available from BFG, plus it bulges on the 9" rim.
The diameter increases by only 1/4", or 1%, meaning your speedo and mileage will seem 1% lower than before.

If you want to play around with this yourself, just click here.
2017-10-11 15_01_39-Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com.png

Last edited:

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I made a couple of assumptions. 1) that you are staying with your current rims, and 2) that they are 9" wide. I don't know the offsets of your rims, so I made a decent guess of 30mm.

Normally, you put in the known-good wheel/tire on the left side of the calculator, and input the what-if parameters on the right side.

I chose 275/35 tire, since it will work with a 9" rim, and BFG makes that size.
A 285 is not available from BFG, plus it bulges on the 9" rim, plus it gets closer to the strut. Notice how the new tire is closer to the strut than your old tire.

Just curious but why do you have different offsets? Since the wheel doesn't change, wouldn't the offset stay consistent?

OP, as I mentioned previously, I went with 275/35/20's (although they were DWS 06's) on the factory 20" wheels and have had no problems.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Just curious but why do you have different offsets? Since the wheel doesn't change, wouldn't the offset stay consistent?

OP, as I mentioned previously, I went with 275/35/20's (although they were DWS 06's) on the factory 20" wheels and have had no problems.
My mistake. I changed the known-good offset on the left side, but neglected to on the right side. I corrected the graphic above, and now the wheel stays centered as it was.

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Much appreciated. How did you know the other variables?
Fender clearance

Wheelwells clearance

Suspension clearance

Scrub Radius

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Michelin PilotSport AS3+ checking in here. The grip is great so far! A sticky all-season tire. Who would have thought. I like 'em so far. The AS3+ is supposed to be much improved in the snow and severe rain over the AS3.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Much appreciated. How did you know the other variables?
Fender clearances
Wheelwells clearance
Suspension clearance
Scrub Radius
I didn't of course. But those numbers don't change just because you change the tire or wheel. I think you could actually measure some close numbers with a tape measure.

What is useful is when you replace the OEM skinny tire with a fat one. Then the graphic shows how your clearances shrink.

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Chose to go with DWS's.. mounting them this or next week.. Will try to keep a docu-drama going on my experience with them.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I love Conti DWS tires. I lived in Minnesota for a while and put them on my car and was just barreling through snow like a boss. Was once the ONLY person that did not slide off the road on an icy highway - I just drove down the center of the carnage. Even cop cars were in the ditch... it was GLORIOUS. So... I'm a fan. Little soft on the sidewall, but... it's not a racing tire.

OP
OP
Mvalenti

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Does the tire let you know when its "had enough" on cornering? I may occasionally pull 1/2g on an offramp...
Sponsored