Coilover choice

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I'm looking at KW v1 or roush single. Don't know jack about coilovers as this will be my first pair/set. Basically looking for better ride and adjustable ride height.
Any help would be appreciated

Tim
Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Not sure about those. I do like my Ridetechs. Check them out while you're looking. Good price, good folks to work with. Made a real difference in the car. Give them a call and talk to Josh, he'll take care of you.

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
Thanks! [MENTION=13633]Guard5.0[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14699]NewTekBuzz[/MENTION], if you're open to other options, our coilover kit would make a huge change in your car. Depending on what your goals are, I can fine tune the spring rates allowing you to get whatever ride quality/performance you're shooting for. 100% USA made parts with a 1,000,001 mile warranty :cheers:.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
One of the real benefits of coilovers vs traditional dampener/spring is the right height adjustability of the coilover. Once you find the stance you want, most will never touch them again.

I'd recommend getting a set of Performance Pack dampeners (Tasca Ford) has great prices! Then buying a set of BMR Performance Springs (SP080). Perfect spring rates with the PP dampeners, perfect ride height.....and much cheaper then buying coilovers. You can find OEM PP front struts for $79 each, and the OEM PP rear shocks for $63 each. So you can have the PP dampeners and the BMR springs for ~ $500. This combination will be hard to beat. Coilovers are $$$....at least for quality ones that will last.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda's about to release their front coilover and rear adjustable spring perch (same sort of thing as KW). Can order with whatever spring rate you wish up to 400, I think. Worth looking into. Otherwise, the two options you've listed are basically the same thing, just with different colors - the Roush coilovers are made by KW.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
St xta will be your best option. Made by kw

OP
OP
NewTekBuzz

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
....the two options you've listed are basically the same thing, just with different colors - the Roush coilovers are made by KW.
Good to know!
I am open to other brands. I am waiting to install steeda sways and rear sub frame braces (stop the hop kit)

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Good to know!
I am open to other brands. I am waiting to install steeda sways and rear sub frame braces (stop the hop kit)
Same as me with Ridetech's.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Good to know!
I've got Steeda sway bars as well and a bunch of BMR stuff to tighten up the IRS. Makes for a nice combination. I'm also running 400 lb rear springs with mine which I would only consider "moderately stiff." If you plan to do any serious auto crossing or track stuff you'll likely want to go to a little heavier spring. The 400lb makes a nice comfortable street spring.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to put you on the list for when the coilovers are released!

TJ

Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm looking at KW v1 or roush single. Don't know jack about coilovers as this will be my first pair/set. Basically looking for better ride and adjustable ride height.
Any help would be appreciated

Tim
My KW V1's ride and look great,
Easy install too.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
RideTech was my choice and I am very happy with the setup. You can order them with whatever spring rates you want and you can change springs to dial the car in for track/street/autocross. Springs are cheap to change so if your need for the car changes you can step up to stiffer springs or soften them up to smooth out your cruise.

When you add it all up a good coil over is not a lot more than buying a set of shock, aftermarket springs, camber bolts, and caster plates. At least with the Ridetechs and many others you do not need any of the other items as they are designed into the coilover already. The base single adjustable RideTech kit is all most guys could ever need, a true hardcore track guy might need the "TQ" three-way adjustable setup but most guys do not take the time to set them up correctly anyway and having too many adjustments can be confusing.

I do not think you can go wrong with the RideTech setup, for me it was the best value, best warranty, and a great company to work with.

Dave

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Any setups with a small air bag perch so you can set up for lowered track use and then air bump temporarily for low speed clearance to get around town?
PM me if anyone knows or has any experience with ISC or other similar solutions.

Last edited:

Milez28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby S/C GT Prem
Thanks! @Guard5.0
@NewTekBuzz , if you're open to other options, our coilover kit would make a huge change in your car. Depending on what your goals are, I can fine tune the spring rates allowing you to get whatever ride quality/performance you're shooting for. 100% USA made parts with a 1,000,001 mile warranty :cheers:.
I'm looking for the same goals as OP basically. Is your base model the HQ series or is there other options?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Ridetech HQ2's would be my personal choice, we ran them, loved them. Roush V1's are decent but limited in height adjustment. By Grabber blue with Ridetechs

Any questions on pricing just give us a shout!
14572101_10210854596665442_1759370070_o.jpg
Sponsored