OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
How did you like the 305 NT01 setup?
Love it, it was a lot of fun to have what felt like endless grip. I started at a 30 psi cold temp and during the warmer part of the day they increased to up to 36 and at night they barely increased in pressure, so I will have to learn these tires (or sticky tires in general). I definitely did not use them to their full potential - concrete walls everywhere, after all. I was in novice, but I was mowing by small cars in the infield, including cars with sticky tires. I probably could have done intermediate and in-turn encountered faster traffic and thus gotten better lap times overall, but that would have been a totally different ball game - Vipers, Porsches, Camaro SS 1LE (that got better times than me in stock form!).

I was not, on the other hand, altogether impressed by the Conti Sport tires which I ran my first two sessions as I learned the course. I expected those to do me a little better considering they're supposed to be as good as the might MPSS. Maybe I just need to try them out at a track like AMP where I can more fairly compare to the previous Conti DW tires I had prior and figure out what air pressure they like to start out at and be at while on track.
Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
That's great to hear. 19x11 BC Forged and 305/30R19's are my next mod for the up coming fall track season. I've been looking at the NT01's and was curious what you thought of them.

I'm going to Laguna Seca this Thursday for an open track day and I'm going to run what's left of my stock Pirelli tires on the GT wheels. The rears are down to the wear bars in the center so I think I will have gotten my life out of them when I'm done!

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That's great to hear. 19x11 BC Forged and 305/30R19's are my next mod for the up coming fall track season. I've been looking at the NT01's and was curious what you thought of them.

I'm going to Laguna Seca this Thursday for an open track day and I'm going to run what's left of my stock Pirelli tires on the GT wheels. The rears are down to the wear bars in the center so I think I will have gotten my life out of them when I'm done!
Have fun, but in that case -- leave traction control on.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Tried syncing my GoPro on the head rest to the TrackAddict recording so you can see my driving on one of the Conti Sport tire laps.

[ame]

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Noticed your track addict shows the wrong gear. Mine did the same thing

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yeah, you can tell it to add a gear which seems to fix it - but I always forget and I don't care. I should take that data point off but that also would require me to remember to do so and, well... not gonna happen. Haha.

TrackAddict is okay but, to be honest, I'm not really happy with it. I like the look of the graphics on Harry's and RaceChrono... but I'm not in the mood to buy yet another app that has it's own quirks.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hey y'all, made a video of me pressing out the bearing without Jmeo's fancy pants press cups, haha. Fumbled my way through it like a dunce, but I got it done. With a properly-sized press cup to collect the bearing, this would take far less time.

Very, very happy with the results. Car feels like it has lost a great deal of the numb and delayed steering response, I get favorable feedback through the steering wheel, no clunks or vibrations or odd noises added to the NVH-factor.

In this video I press out the old bushing, press in the new bearing, and install in the car. It's not my best video production, but... you'll get the idea.

[ame]

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Sub'd
We have such similar taste in mods. Looking forward to more updates!

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
[ame]

Pretty happy getting 1:35.4 on street tires at this track! Love this place. Wish it were a WEE bit longer of a track, but I can't be picky. I'm not really too fond of tracks with long straights... I just find that kind of boring. I don't care about top speed all that much. This one has a straight but it gets it over with and back into the fun. Road Atlanta has two straights and the back straight just feels like I'm roll-racing on the highway and then hitting the brakes as hard as I can because I see a cop.

I tried the NT01s here and got consistent 1:35.0 to 1:35.1 but I wasn't in the appropriate run group for sticky tires, basically I ended up just constantly being held back by traffic in all the wrong spots to really take advantage of them. They also felt a little hard - like I expected a lot more grip out of them today. They don't seem to like cooler days. They feel much better on 80+ degree days... find that interesting.

I have a lot of learning to do to utilize an NT01 or similar tire. I don't seem to be really getting the 2-3 seconds faster on them and I find, in reviewing video, I'm basically taking the course at the same speeds around turns until much later laps/sessions and when I am going faster, I feel like I'm falling out of the car because my stock regular seats are just letting me fly around. I have to learn how to feel out this kind of tire but also I think having these on the car warrants suspension adjustments and I'm better off getting a seat that'll hold me in place before I spent much time on sticky tires. Photo/video of my car going around turns doesn't really indicate I'm body-rolling all over the place, the car actually feels quite flat... just all 'dem G's man!
22549042_283376922066447_8675072515981631199_o.jpg
Sponsored