Sponsored

Best throttle body for gt350 intake?

Travis550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Would like some options over what the best throttle body would be to run on the gt350 intake. I am looking to get rid of the 87mm ford performance gt350 tb I have on it now, it's causing me a lot of drivability issues. I have replaced it twice and had several tunes and they can't seem to get it right. Maybe a BBK 90mm or 85mm?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket
Who are you tuned by ? And what are the drivability isssues ? I'm still on the stock throttle body and it feels fine . I was actually considering upgrading to the 87 but Lund told me I won't really pick up any power with it . Mods r below in sig

OP
OP
Travis550

Travis550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Who are you tuned by ? And what are the drivability isssues ? I'm still on the stock throttle body and it feels fine . I was actually considering upgrading to the 87 but Lund told me I won't really pick up any power with it . Mods r below in sig
Right now I have a dyno tune from dallas mustang. The car lags during acceleration and throws a p061b code when I first start up the car.

Sponsored

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket
Ya man , that's probably your best option . Those bbk throttle bodies are a rip off . I have the blow fish adapter and the car drives like a dream .

OP
OP
Travis550

Travis550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Ya man , that's probably your best option . Those bbk throttle bodies are a rip off . I have the blow fish adapter and the car drives like a dream .
Yeah! Hopefully this fixes my problem. I had it dyno tuned with the 87mm gt350 tb though. Hopefully they won't have to stick it back on the dyno, that shits expensive.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Right now I have a dyno tune from dallas mustang. The car lags during acceleration and throws a p061b code when I first start up the car.
It's probably not tuned correctly. I've got a SCJ monoblade on my 2016 Cobra Jet manifold car and it's not even designed for the coyote platform (it's an aftermarket GT500 throttle body) and my car drives absolutely perfectly and no codes. You said two different throttle bodies have had issues and the likelihood of it being a defect in both is pretty low. I'm self tuned so I made damn sure my throttle body settings were dead on in my tune before I loaded it and it's been perfect right from the first startup.

Don't bother with bbk 90mm you won't see gains with it from what I've seen. The only intake manifold that benefits from a bigger throttle body is the Cobra Jet manifold because of its massive inlet. Basically I'm saying go back to the stock throttle body if the tuner can't tune the GT350 throttle body properly or find a new tuner.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Lund nailed my gt350 intake and tb tune the first time. Car was like stock

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Lund nailed my gt350 intake and tb tune the first time. Car was like stock
Not mine and I had the stock TB, took a few revisions for me to get it taken care of.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Travis550

Travis550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
It's probably not tuned correctly. I've got a SCJ monoblade on my 2016 Cobra Jet manifold car and it's not even designed for the coyote platform (it's an aftermarket GT500 throttle body) and my car drives absolutely perfectly and no codes. You said two different throttle bodies have had issues and the likelihood of it being a defect in both is pretty low. I'm self tuned so I made damn sure my throttle body settings were dead on in my tune before I loaded it and it's been perfect right from the first startup.

Don't bother with bbk 90mm you won't see gains with it from what I've seen. The only intake manifold that benefits from a bigger throttle body is the Cobra Jet manifold because of its massive inlet. Basically I'm saying go back to the stock throttle body if the tuner can't tune the GT350 throttle body properly or find a new tuner.
I'm just worried if I stick my old throttle body back on they are going to want to put it on the dyno again. Is it possible to run it with stock gt tb for a little, instead of gt350 tb, until I get it tuned?

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I'm just worried if I stick my old throttle body back on they are going to want to put it on the dyno again. Is it possible to run it with stock gt tb for a little, instead of gt350 tb, until I get it tuned?
Nope. Completely different tunes for those TB's. You can definitely get a great tune from Lund for the stock TB without having to put the car on the dyno. I too had some issues with the GT350 TB with Lund and Rev Auto tunes. Different issues with both and I haven't had any revisions with either to attempt to fix anything. I simiply went back to my stock TB tune and the car drives perfect. I saw no gain with the GT350 TB on the dyno anyway.

OP
OP
Travis550

Travis550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Nope. Completely different tunes for those TB's. You can definitely get a great tune from Lund for the stock TB without having to put the car on the dyno. I too had some issues with the GT350 TB with Lund and Rev Auto tunes. Different issues with both and I haven't had any revisions with either to attempt to fix anything. I simiply went back to my stock TB tune and the car drives perfect. I saw no gain with the GT350 TB on the dyno anyway.
Was your car throwing a wrench code with the gt350 TB?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I use the GT350 TB and drivability is great. No surging, no snappy throttle, no rev hangs. Tuned by Lund.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Lund tune, everything works fine on my car.
Sponsored