Sponsored

Whats your favorite jack stand?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
How about this , where on the body are you guys putting your jack stands ? I have jacking rails from BMR but was considering putting the stands under the front ans rear subframe to space them out a bit.
Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
How about this , where on the body are you guys putting your jack stands ? I have jacking rails from BMR but was considering putting the stands under the front ans rear subframe to space them out a bit.
Space your stands out towards the front and back of your jacking rails and they will work great.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Keep an eye out for Steeda's Jacking Rails during our Black Friday sale, hint hint :)

TJ

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I stopped putting my stands under my jacking rails b/c when I'd go to lift the other side I felt they were going to tilt and slip off the first side.

This is why I love the Steeda rails being shorter. I use my jack on the rails then put the rear stand in the rear pinch weld area designed for the stand and the front stand in the notch ahead of the intended front pitch location (shown at 3:37 in the vid below). The V-shape of the stand top and pitch allows for easy, steady and solid articulation when the car is tilted and your raising the other side.

Here is a great vid by #Gadgetsngear demonstrating:
[ame]

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I stopped putting my stands under my jacking rails b/c when I'd go to lift the other side I felt they were going to tilt and slip off the first side.

This is why I love the Steeda rails being shorter. I use my jack on the rails then put the rear stand in the rear pinch weld area designed for the stand and the front stand in the notch ahead of the intended front pitch location (shown at 3:37 in the vid below). The V-shape of the stand top and pitch allows for easy, steady and solid articulation when the car is tilted and your raising the other side.

After jacking my car up and putting my stands under the Steeda jacking rails I feel this illustration would be the way I'll do it next time. I would feel better about having the stands just a bit further apart even though I couldn't move the car with them at each end of the Steeda jacking rails. Nice video...thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S

At least for me, it takes dropping the off the jack and/or stands sometimes to figure out a couple things:

1) jack has to roll inwards when jacking and out when lowering. Jack wheels should be swiveled accordingly or car will slide of jack at some point.
2) when the opposing side jack stands start to lift their outside legs off the ground, push against the car to keep them down.

Happy jacking :D

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was watching some youtube review videos of the esco stands. These are very tall. Given how stiff our cars are chassis wise, does anyone have any issues raising one side (with rails) that high?

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I was watching some youtube review videos of the esco stands. These are very tall. Given how stiff our cars are chassis wise, does anyone have any issues raising one side (with rails) that high?
I use the Escos in conjunction with the Steeda Jacking Rails, setting the stands under each end of the rails. I first started with the lowest setting. I would raise one side of the car, place the stands, then raise the other side of the car and place the stands with no issues. If I needed them higher I would make the second side taller and then go back to the first side and adjust higher.

After evaluating what I was doing, I realized that the Steeda rails do not set level. The inside edge tilts up. This allows the rails to actually sit a little flatter when placing the first set of stands when the car is at an angle. As a result, the first stands I set are now a couple of holes higher to begin with and I don't have to go back and forth. This allows enough room under the car with my Dog Bone creeper. As long as your floor jack is setting perpendicular to the car on the other side and allowed to roll with the car as it is being lifted it works great.

I've done oil changes, installed coilovers, an MGW sifter, carbon fiber driveshaft, exhaust, and host of other suspension goodies with these stands. I love them. The foot print is one of the widest available as well.
Sponsored