GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
My dealer told me it was a common Ford issue. Said I'd be back in 6 months! So far I'm okay but won't hold my breath. Ford's supplier just makes crap fan motors apparently. Once out of warranty if it starts making noise again I'll just go aftermarket

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My dealer told me it was a common Ford issue. Said I'd be back in 6 months! So far I'm okay but won't hold my breath. Ford's supplier just makes crap fan motors apparently. Once out of warranty if it starts making noise again I'll just go aftermarket
I probably will too. For now, they can fix it for me

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
FWIW, it had something to do with the tolerances that causes it to do it during shutdown. Ford doesn't list it as a problem, although it is annoying. They all do it, especially in cold weather. You'll have to love with it.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Has there been any sort of long term fix for this? I'm seeing a lot of folks saying they had the fan replaced but then experienced the same issue not long after? This seems to be a common issue so how is there no TSB for this?

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Has there been any sort of long term fix for this? I'm seeing a lot of folks saying they had the fan replaced but then experienced the same issue not long after? This seems to be a common issue so how is there no TSB for this?
Mine had the fan replaced but is doing it again too. Thinking of taking it in before my warranty is up just to give it one more shot to see if they fixed the quality issues with their motors, but I doubt it. Ford doesn't care enough about minor annoyances like this, apparently. A shame, but we did buy a Ford, not a Porsche or BMW :doh:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Mine had the fan replaced but is doing it again too. Thinking of taking it in before my warranty is up just to give it one more shot to see if they fixed the quality issues with their motors, but I doubt it. Ford doesn't care enough about minor annoyances like this, apparently. A shame, but we did buy a Ford, not a Porsche or BMW :doh:
Probably the same kind of quality non-sense seen in the failing AC evaporator fiasco. Ford has changed the part number (design/vendor ?) of the evaporator a few times and they still fail.
Sponsored