Streetfighter Engine Oil Cooler Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

didibabawu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Looking forward to this kit as well. I have ford performance filter installed. Took me nearly half an hour to put it in, bigger than stock, now I need it out for oil change.

Another option is this kit by MMR $399US and it completely removes the oem filter housingbracket resulting in much more room on that side of the block. So its a oil filter relocation kit as well as oil cooler kit.

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...page=product_info&cPath=28_29&products_id=518

Im seriously considering getting this kit,

450475_.jpg
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Couple of things I'd recommend checking:

Does the block take-off fit RHD cars? It may not, and need something similar to what JWR, SF and EME have designed to adapt from LHD.

Will the oil filter boss work on the same side as an RHD car? Generally they are universal but if it needs to be flipped to maintain flow direction it could be a plumbing/mounting nightmare.

I asked these questions of MMR and got no response. Not trying to be negative, the kit looks good hence my email to them. Also note it has no ducting and if you have an issue with hoses you'll probably need to write it off as return would be too expensive. If they send you another one free, and it's made is some countries we know, it's still risky.

In this case by the time you get reamed by the exchange rate and pay freight it'll probably be not much cheaper than the locally adapted Mishimoto stuff. MM sell theirs for about $1k.

My 2c

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Thanks David, could you also please provide an estimate of time, noting workshop rates differ, so we know roughly what we're up for in terms of fitting.
The Streetfighter kit takes approx 3-4 hours to fit. All is direct OEM style fit with absolutely no modifications or relocations. All components stay as per factory fitment with the addition of the upgraded air-oil cooler solution (below).
As an added option Streetfighter offer the plug and play Oil Pressure Monitoring Kit , that fits directly to our cooler kit. This can be done at the same time or added later should you want to monitor your oil pressures as an added security.

StreetFighter%20Engine%20Oil%20Cooler%20Package_zpsl52jtadw.jpg

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Would Ford be able to inspect it during a service and tell you if you had the 2015 to 2017 faulty set-up? My build date is right on the cusp and would like to know what I may have lurking in there.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Would Ford be able to inspect it during a service and tell you if you had the 2015 to 2017 faulty set-up? My build date is right on the cusp and would like to know what I may have lurking in there.
Hmmm if only, but I'd wager not a hope. There may well be a way of telling but if Ford knew they would probably not tell us. Otherwise we'd all be taking our cars to the dealer to find out and those with the faulty units would probably be tackling Ford en masse.

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Northmead Auto have had had oil cooler filter relocation kit going on their 1000hp+ Mustang now for 18 months, it's very similar to the MMR kit, problem is it was too dear and people didn't want to pay $1200 to have it done back before all the trouble started, they are testing a less expensive cooler core now, as the European core it had is almost $400 alone, however, i'd pay the extra as the European core is the best on the market, all the fittings and lines are Aussie made and all the oil filter and cooler adapters are US made.

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
I didn’t even know they had a kit out ?

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sounds like a good kit. Was that $1200 installed?
no, that wasn't installed.

I didn’t even know they had a kit out ?
they had it before all the oil cooler problems even existed, which is why noone was interested. they didn't market it, just offered it to customers that were looking for serious performance.

Sponsored

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Surprised they have not said hey guys we have a kit it’s XYZ

Because currently I’m still waiting for people to release a kit so I can buy with no worries.

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
We are working on the best intro price possible for forum members to ensure the best value for maximum engine protection. As this package is vital for engine reliability the Streetfighter kit is very high in quality with premium components.

The kit not only is a direct fit solution for maximum engine oil system protection, it will maintain your oil cooling far beyond standard performance in extreme conditions.
Availble on line by end of month.
Streetfighter/KPM Online store

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Please can you offer an option to relocate the filter on the new kit? It’s such a pig changing filters on the rhd cars! Relocation to the engine bay would be great for those of us who change our own oil more frequently.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.