Sponsored

Excessive miles after dealership service

~X~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I was curious as to what some of you may have done if you've ever picked up your car from the dealership and found it had excessive miles for what you dropped it off for.

I left mine at the dealership about a week ago to get serviced for some overspray from the factory that Ford agreed to fix under warranty (of course). I left a MyKey with the service guys but I'm always afraid that someone may want to go joyriding so I can at least tell how many miles were put on and limit what they can do in the car. Last time I left it to get detailed and it came back with 1.7 MyKey miles and I found that strange since the service shop is right there at the dealership :shrug: I'm picking up my car tomorrow, BTW.

Anyway, has anyone run into a situation where miles were added to the car that just didn't line up to the what it was serviced for? What kind of hell did you raise?
Sponsored

frankieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2 Deep Impact Blue
I hate dropping any of my vehicles off for service. In the back of my mind I can just see a porter with a big grin on their face "detailing" my tires.

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Dealership had my car for about a week and put a total off 220miles on the car, the body shop is only 15 miles away. It was getting serviced for paint damage prior to buying the vehicle ( dealership took care of it, out their own pocket) rattles inside the cabin, alignment issues and other minor stuff. When I went to pick up my mustang, I was running late for work, I didn't notice how much miles they put on it till after work.By then, dealership was already closed and I had time to cool down till the next day. I wanted to call and make a big deal about it, but they could've easily said "you had the car overnight, how do we know you didn't put those miles on the car yourself" so I decided to let it go and learn from my mistake. A month later I took the car in again to the same dealership, and first thing I did was take a picture of the current miles and also tell the service advisor of my pervious encounter with them. A day later get the car back with no miles added to my car..

That's life, I learned from my mistake and it won't happen again.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Had this happen once with my Skyline, had 100 odd Kilometers on it after I dropped it off to have a wheel bearing replaced. Like you I didn't really notice till later when the car felt a little sluggish, I was running an emanage ultimate, so I hooked up my laptop to find that it stated picking up knock and pulling timing- I checked my fuel gauge and it was ever so slightly over a quarter tank which is what dropped it off with and my trip counter had been reset. Those assholes joyrided my car and then refilled it with f'n 87 octane. I could have blown my engine! Like you said they denied everything, I had no record of the miles when i brought it, could be bad gas yada-yada. So I told them to F-off and they would never see my or any other person who would listen car again. Now I call the service tech over and make a big show of verifying the mileage and have him sign it, My car has never gained more than .2km basically 200 meters since I started doing this. A cobb access port with Valet mode will be my next step as someone told me about them disconnecting tachs to joyride nowdays.

Sponsored

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
It's odd for the service rendered but 1.7 is not really a lot, I would just ask them why it was driven...

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
This is what they did with my 2012 Mustang
So I watched that whole thing. What camera do you use? I would love to have that especially because I had a serious issue with my g35 once that left me stranded and I knew something happened and I literally couldn't do $h!t. And I'm still salty even typing it out.

http://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/443850-need-help-huge-dealer-fraud.html
That was my story it's a really really good read if you have a little time..... I got screwed!

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
mine took mine for a joyride in the parking lot. audio required.

[ame]

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
mine took mine for a joyride in the parking lot. audio required.

That was awesome. I'd be lying if I said I don't do this sometimes.