Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That's what I was talking about runner length and what it does to RPM. I was only referencing length of runners and used old dual and single plane manifold only because it's easy to see it.
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I'm curious to know what the actual Runner length is on the F150 manifold compared to the GT350 manifold, as well as what the millimeter measurements are for the opening of the inland on the F150 manifold and the outlets by the injectors are on the F-150 manifold in comparison to the GT350

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Actually the biggest difference in runner length is where peak torque & horsepower are made. Both can make 500hp/500tq, but shorter runner at 7000 vs longer runner at 6400.
True true.

I, personally, feel like this could be a good reasonable mod for people who daily in traffic and do spirited driving on the rare occasion. When I floor it I usually shift around 6500 anyways because that is where I am comfortable at. Even if I had the PP2 tune to open it up to 7200 RPMs I would still shift about 6500 because I fear the impending oil starvation or damage to the oil gears. Wish i could have afforded a GT350...

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
Kinda wish I knew about this before I got my gt350 manifold.. Can barely use the extra rpms I have now.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
True true.

I, personally, feel like this could be a good reasonable mod for people who daily in traffic and do spirited driving on the rare occasion. When I floor it I usually shift around 6500 anyways because that is where I am comfortable at. Even if I had the PP2 tune to open it up to 7200 RPMs I would still shift about 6500 because I fear the impending oil starvation or damage to the oil gears. Wish i could have afforded a GT350...
I believe this F150 intake and the PP2 package would be awesome together!

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
What mods did you have when you switched? Did the shifting points improve much (if automatic)? I'm on a steeda tune with their intake and the combination of no low end power and shifting too soon makes driving in traffic awful.
I had the steeda intake and tune to start with. I added headers with a revision from steeda and barely noticed a difference. I added a GT350 mani/TB (supposedly hurts low end..) and lund tune. The car was much faster down low and huge up top. The lund tune made it a different animal down low. I have a manual.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Got mine today. Curious though. The listing says new take off 0 miles but my manifold smells like fuel. Not sure if that is because the warehouse has salvage stuff or not. Either way looks like it'll work without issue. Maybe I can convince myself to put it on this weekend. lol

Also noticed the listing went from 3 being sold to 13 in a day. Let's go ahead and get a show of hands who bought one.

*raises hand*

Last edited:

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
So I got my manifold yesterday and been staring at all the vacuum lines and I think I got everything figured out except the hose below. Is there a factory line that runs to the back of the manifold (haven't pulled mine so unsure)? Just trying to make sure I got everything before I start.
image.jpeg

Sponsored

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
:shrug: i thought someone said theres an extra connection on the f150 that gets plugged?

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
The one you have circled just use off the back of your mustang intake manifold

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Got mine today. Curious though. The listing says new take off 0 miles but my manifold smells like fuel. Not sure if that is because the warehouse has salvage stuff or not. Either way looks like it'll work without issue. Maybe I can convince myself to put it on this weekend. lol

Also noticed the listing went from 3 being sold to 13 in a day. Let's go ahead and get a show of hands who bought one.

*raises hand*
More than likely they mean it was taken off a new truck before delivery. It likely has like..13 miles on it just from acceptance tests in Michigan that are normal with any vehicle.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
:shrug: i thought someone said theres an extra connection on the f150 that gets plugged?
Lol we are talking about two different parts. Your talking about the plug to the left of the circle (the white piece) and I was talking about the part inside of the circle.

The one you have circled just use off the back of your mustang intake manifold
Thanks this is what I needed.
Sponsored