Sponsored

Why are you buying a 2017 GT instead of waiting?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Many seem psyched about the upcoming 2018 refresh which is great. Now, it could just be the spirit of the season, but in other threads, I haven't seen much support in favor of the pre-18 S550's.

I'm actually planning on buying a 2017 in the coming months (waiting to see what incentives Ford rolls out tomorrow to replace the current ones in my region which expire at midnight tonight.

Just curious who else is planning on a 2017 purchase? Why aren't you waiting for the 2018?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber blue !!!! And I don't like buying a first run of trans . So I went manaul and got a rather rare color lol
Waiting for the comments about the MT-82 still being a gamble. :D

Congrats on the purchase!

-Emt1581

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I think it's blown out of The water to be honest . The issue is the clutch which is a 1500 dollar fix and will only be a concern when I boost my car

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I honestly do not want a ten speed transmission and magnaride. I believe the 15-17
has the right amount of technology and looks for a muscle car. Not to mention costs
for repairs down stream for the 2018. But if you do not plan on keeping your car
then by all means go with the 2018.

Sponsored

Alaskan9974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 gt premium & '17 gt350
I honestly do not want a ten speed transmission and magnaride. I believe the 15-17
has the right amount of technology and looks for a muscle car. Not to mention costs
for repairs down stream for the 2018. But if you do not plan on keeping your car
then by all means go with the 2018.
Magnaride is great, you can immediately feel a difference especially when cornering hard. Just cruising on the freeway you can feel the difference on the dampers. For resale it's great but you're right, repair costs out of warranty might mean a lot of $. But that is what eBay is good for :cheers:

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Bought my '17 about a month ago.
1. deal you get on a '18 won't be anywhere close to what you can negotiate on a '17 right now. I figure the savings rolled into mods will make up for any performance difference.
2. time is money, or something like that. I'd been waiting for a couple years... let's wait and see what the Focus RS is like, let's wait and see what the new SS camaro is like, let's wait and see what the '18 mustang does, etc etc. At some point you've got to crap or get off the pot.
3. The '15-'17 Mustang is just fu*kin' drop dead gorgeous. No BS. Most cars will look good from this angle or that angle, but this thing is the hotness from any direction. It can only get uglier from here. Yeah, she's a big girl and doesn't communicate all that well, but that can be worked around.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Magnaride I think is useless for most people . 99% of people here have springs , bags or coils and I'm not sure what would be compatible

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I honestly do not want a ten speed transmission and magnaride.
Magnaride I think is useless for most people . 99% of people here have springs , bags or coils and I'm not sure what would be compatible
Magnaride is great, you can immediately feel a difference especially when cornering hard.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Lol

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
ON a serious note, Magneride is wonderful. If the GT350's normal mode is any indication of how complaint the suspension will be for the '18 GT...my god. It's not cloud smooth but again, COMPLIANT, and doesn't beat you up while still giving you road feel.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I ordered a 2017 because I am tired of waiting. I have been here for a year or so dreaming of my new car. If I waited for the 2018, by the time I got it I wouldn't really get to have fun with it until next summer. Decided missing a few upgrades isn't worth missing another summer enjoying the road and tracks. I also remind myself that while the 2018 looks good on paper (from what we know so far), it doesn't mean it won't have first year issues with all of these changes. I'd rather enjoy my car now and if I decide I want a new one, I can wait for them to iron out the bugs and buy one a couple years from now. The other thing is my 2017 isn't costing me as much as the 2018 would by the time I added all of the options I would want. For that extra 2-3K, I can mod a bit of stuff to my own liking.

What part of PA you in?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a 2017 because I am tired of waiting. I have been here for a year or so dreaming of my new car. If I waited for the 2018, by the time I got it I wouldn't really get to have fun with it until next summer. Decided missing a few upgrades isn't worth missing another summer enjoying the road and tracks. I also remind myself that while the 2018 looks good on paper (from what we know so far), it doesn't mean it won't have first year issues with all of these changes. I'd rather enjoy my car now and if I decide I want a new one, I can wait for them to iron out the bugs and buy one a couple years from now. The other thing is my 2017 isn't costing me as much as the 2018 would by the time I added all of the options I would want. For that extra 2-3K, I can mod a bit of stuff to my own liking.

What part of PA you in?
Lehigh Valley area.

-Emt1581

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ditto

Bought my '17 about a month ago.
1. deal you get on a '18 won't be anywhere close to what you can negotiate on a '17 right now. I figure the savings rolled into mods will make up for any performance difference.
2. time is money, or something like that. I'd been waiting for a couple years... let's wait and see what the Focus RS is like, let's wait and see what the new SS camaro is like, let's wait and see what the '18 mustang does, etc etc. At some point you've got to crap or get off the pot.
3. The '15-'17 Mustang is just fu*kin' drop dead gorgeous. No BS. Most cars will look good from this angle or that angle, but this thing is the hotness from any direction. It can only get uglier from here. Yeah, she's a big girl and doesn't communicate all that well, but that can be worked around.
I am torn between purchasing a 2017 and 2018 still. Like I have said in other posts both years have their pros & cons. Bottom line for me will be when Ford releases the specs on the new coyote engine, then comes the price. If I can get a deep discount on a 2017(enough to have money left over for mods) that will bring the performance level to a 2018, and still be cheaper - then I am going for it. If I can get a great deal on a 2018 - then I will consider it. But I need to have the options I want. Not a fan of the 2018 front fascia. I like the hood and rear valance and quad exhaust. :thumbsup:
Sponsored