Sponsored

Tall shift knob?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm looking for a taller shift knob. Preferably cylindrical shape with a rounded top, taller the better. As you can imagine the best description isn't very appropriate for words... These are common in vipers and Corvettes to raise the shifter level, they even have longer shift rods available to allow "normal" knobs to be used.

Anyone know of anything?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks, Id prefer the knob itself, but could settle for a rod extension if I can't find a knob. Would look pretty bleh having the top of the shift collar exposed using a rod extension so trying to avoid that.

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
http://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/products

They've got a few knob options but I think we're stuck with the 34mm reverse lockout width ones. Seems like that's what limits a lot of the others from working too.

Raceseng makes a ton of taller styles but they don't have them listed under the S550 section.
http://www.raceseng.com/products/shift-knobs/ford/mustang-2015

Found a discontinued option from them:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/blac...social&utm_content=ytvideo111816stainlessknob
Thanks! I have. An email out to cw lathe works and a local machine shop about getting what I want made. I'll report back with any updates.

Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I think OP is talking about something like this JDM style thing I found (I know it has flowers whatever its just the general shape I was looking for).

I'd have been interested in some kind of bent lever if it weren't for the reverse lockout. Something like the SN95's had would be nice because I can't sit comfortably and reach the shifter the way I'd like to.
0709_impp_06_z+wendy_cheng_nissan_350z+jdm_flower_shift_knob.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think OP is talking about something like this JDM style thing I found (I know it has flowers whatever its just the general shape I was looking for).

I'd have been interested in some kind of bent lever if it weren't for the reverse lockout. Something like the SN95's had would be nice because I can't sit comfortably and reach the shifter the way I'd like to.
Yep, that's it. Common on Corvettes, and just a rounded cylindrical knob, that's long.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Wc lathe werks will make a knob to my specs. I'm going to supply final dimensions and order. They already make mustang knobs that work with factory reverse collar so I'm confident it'll turn out great. Actually purchased a knob from them 2 years ago for wife's Subaru and really liked it.

I'll keep you all posted.
Sponsored