Sponsored

Anyone running a true square (width+offset) setup?

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I couldn't find anything from Enkei and I talked to my local performance tire shop and the about pooped their pants when I gave them wheel measurements. I'm ordering Forgestar CF5V's in about a week.
The CF5V looks like a helluva option for a flow formed wheel, under $2K setup. They're at the top of a very short list for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have no idea if Enkei has anything, just looking for the equivalent halfway good looking decent quality wheel that's reasonable enough cost-wise not to worry about beating on with an impact wrench. I settled on PF01's for the S197 car as have many others. And I'm not taking anything away from the beautiful wheels offered by vendors here at all, just would prefer not to have $3k in track wheels. So I'm waiting for y'all to tell me what works and pics to prove it :D I'll look into the suggested brands ...
The Forgestar CF5V (flow formed) is available around $1600-$1700, at 23 - 24 Lbs. per wheel in 19x11, OE offsets.

There are about 2 other options in the under $3K world (one of which claims to be a fully "forged" wheel), both with OE or custom offsets available, and both around the same weight as the Forgestar. Neither beats the Forgestar on pricing, and both have the same load rating per wheel as the Forgestar: ~1520 lbs.

Like several others, I'm leaning towards the Forgestar at the moment in a square 19x11 setup, but I'm still debating whether to run the same offset F&R with a large spacer up front (~25mm) or just roll with OE staggered offsets. Decisions, decisions . . .

There isn't a lot of field experience (or so it seems) with a square offset setup on the GT350.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Are there other options for an ARP or an ARP-quality level stud shorter than 3"?

One of my reasons for starting this thread was to explore the option of running a spacer up front to allow for an identical offset setup to allow a full tire rotation option. But, I would prefer to swap out the factory studs in any case, and for those who run a stock offset configuration, 3" studs may be a bit much.

I'll admit I haven't searched for anything less than 3" at this point.

Thanks.
MSI racing has some standard 350 length options last I checked, and they are roughly $12 per stud. ARP makes an R length stud that is about 2.9 inches. I just ordered them....part number is 100-7732. Summit has them at about $56 for a pack. Optimum Performance is also a vendor who has them...not sure of their pricing? I have a great source for wholesale pricing on most stuff, which is why I went ARP instead of the shorter MSI option. The ARP studs were on backorder for a while and recently came into stock. I should have mine in a few days.

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
MSI racing has some standard 350 length options last I checked, and they are roughly $12 per stud. ARP makes an R length stud that is about 2.9 inches. I just ordered them....part number is 100-7732. Summit has them at about $56 for a pack. Optimum Performance is also a vendor who has them...not sure of their pricing? I have a great source for wholesale pricing on most stuff, which is why I went ARP instead of the shorter MSI option. The ARP studs were on backorder for a while and recently came into stock. I should have mine in a few days.
Thanks for the info,

Are you using an aftermarket lug nut, and, if so, which one?

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
If I may jump in as I attempted those before and it didn't work.

To run a true square setup and offset the same you need an adapter then say 25 mm the issue now is the wheel You want to put on has to have a big enough back pocket to allow the factory stud and the lug nut that is holding the adapater on the hub to sit inside. Because of the offset it doesn't allow it.

I attempted this for a member and that's how I know.

So what is the solution:

Change the front studs to the 3" arp studs like the 305r has it, then use a 25 mm spacer and Dorman open ended lug nuts and then you can run that true square setup.

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
We have them in stock, and available with the lug nuts.

http://www.opmustang.com/store/p99/store/p99/ARP_14MM_Extended_Length_Stud_5_Pack_2015__Mustang.html

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=676378589207289&id=508416976003452

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The Forgestar CF5V (flow formed) is available around $1600-$1700, at 23 - 24 Lbs. per wheel in 19x11, OE offsets.

There are about 2 other options in the under $3K world (one of which claims to be a fully "forged" wheel), both with OE or custom offsets available, and both around the same weight as the Forgestar. Neither beats the Forgestar on pricing, and both have the same load rating per wheel as the Forgestar: ~1520 lbs.

Like several others, I'm leaning towards the Forgestar at the moment in a square 19x11 setup, but I'm still debating whether to run the same offset F&R with a large spacer up front (~25mm) or just roll with OE staggered offsets. Decisions, decisions . . .

There isn't a lot of field experience (or so it seems) with a square offset setup on the GT350.
No, definitely not. I'm ordering my 19x11 fronts with a 25+ offset and my rears at 60+ offset.

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hmmm. 19x11 +60mm $249. 25 or 30 mm spacer up front?
19x11ET62 is the OEM GT350 rear and I use a 35mm spacer with mine to get a 27m offset (vs 24mm for OEM GT350R fronts). The 35mm spacer I use is actually an H&R 35 that came with their double stud setup. I don't think these are strong enough for a GT350, so I punched the extra studs out and just use it as a hub-centric spacer.

So, if you get the SVE's, get a pair of the H&R 35mm spacers and a pair of OEM Hub 299 front hubs (GT350R OEM) and it'll bolt up just fine with stock lug nuts.

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I eventually went with the OE offsets for the rear (19x11), and use a 25 mm hub-centric space for the fronts, and replaced all of the stock studs with 3" studs (not sure whether swapping in R hubs would've been easier). I chose not to do the stud work, and was grimly informed that the rear stud replacement was a pain-in-the-a--

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I eventually went with the OE offsets for the rear (19x11), and use a 25 mm hub-centric space for the fronts, and replaced all of the stock studs with 3" studs (not sure whether swapping in R hubs would've been easier). I chose not to do the stud work, and was grimly informed that the rear stud replacement was a pain-in-the-a--
Swapping R hubs would be easier since you have to remove the front hubs to get the studs in.