Not open for further replies.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I want to start by saying that a few things. Comp Turbo sells a great turbocharger, and they work well. Also, the few remaining mid-mount orders with Comp turbochargers will ship with them.

However, we have tried to make this relationship work now for nearly a year, and it's always a huge hassle to get turbochargers in a timely manner. We are quoted 2-3 weeks, and we've had delays as long as 11 weeks. This absolutely kills us when we quote our customers 2-3 weeks and it takes months to deliver a full kit. We're fed up with it, and the backlash that it causes on our end. So, from now on, we will only offer Precision Turbo. They have kept up with our huge demand of 24-26 or so units per month, and deliver in a reasonable timeframe.

People have asked why we don't stock Comp Turbo? These turbochargers are nearly 4K per set. There are literally 10 different sizes/combos. It would cost us far more than we can invest to stock reasonable quantities of all of them.

On top of this, we're going to be building our top mount kit, which will allow for the use of Precision units without a scavenge pump. It'll also feature air to water sheet metal intake manifold options.

The bottom line is that we acknowledge our turn-around times have been too long (again), and that we've been scrambling to keep up with orders as well as communicating efficiently. This is a step in the right direction to fix some of that. We've made big progress since the first roll-out issues last year, but 6-8 weeks+ is just too long, and we will get that down to something reasonable.

Thanks,

- BW
Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Damn oh well you need to do what best for boostworks and your customers.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So will it be possible to still get them oil-less or is that a comp only thing?

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
^ I thought I remember seeing they had some type of patent. I'll let BW clarify though as that's the route I wanted to go...

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
The only company that I know that makes oil-less turbos is comp. comp does have a patent unless other companies want to get in trouble they are the only option for oil-less turbos. I know Precision definitely does not make an oil-less Turbo

Last edited:

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do you have to tap the oil pan with the Precision turbos? How does oiling work with these turbos?

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Do you have to tap the oil pan with the Precision turbos? How does oiling work with these turbos?
Yes, oil feed from block and then return to pan. Which would be two taps in pan with a twin kit.

Take12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Base A6
Not surprised by this. I have built a few cars and bikes with Comp turbos. My good friend works for one of the largest Comp dealers in Texas and is having such a hard time getting my new turbos we just cancelled the order. Not sure if they are undergoing supplier/process changes or just flat out lack manpower, but I hope they resolve it soon as they do make a good unit.

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We love Comp turbochargers, but their turn-around times aren't cutting it. If someone absolutely wants them, we'll work something out, but it'll be written up in the invoice that the customer and Boost Works have an understanding that it may take far longer than anticipated to receive them.

Comp is just understaffed for the workload they're taking on.. and trust me, we get that. We order 10-12 turbos at a time. They'll need to invest and expand operations to keep up, or they're going to continue to lose good paying customers and large orders.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We're working on a solution for the top mount that will not require you to tap the pan, OR use a scavenge pump.

Mid-mount kits will continue to use a pump. Which honestly works fine when designed properly.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're working on a solution for the top mount that will not require you to tap the pan, OR use a scavenge pump.

Mid-mount kits will continue to use a pump. Which honestly works fine when designed properly.
Then how else would you get the oil back in the motor with no pump or gravity feed?

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Status
Not open for further replies.