Sponsored

Whipple Gen3 2.9L Dyno Results

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Because it's an Auto? I would think it's because his Knock sensors aren't happy without the Boostane?
No, its lower RWHP because its an AUTO which is what I was referencing. The boostane helps aid more power.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Because it's an Auto? I would think it's because his Knock sensors aren't happy without the Boostane?
I am only using 10 oz of Boostane and for piece of mind. I have zero knock with 3.50” pulley and 10 oz of Boostane and pump 93 octane

He was meaning because it’s an auto it made 750 rwhp compared to a manual which would make 30 ish more rwhp

Last edited:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
So how is the driveability with the whipple cal? Did you guys do anything for auto cars? Like shift points, shift firmness, etc? What is the redline set to now? What happenes if we get larger than 72lb/hor injectors and a BAP? Can you guys change the tune or do we have to buy a custom tune? Sorry for all the questions but this info seems scarce.
In all honesty, there is no tune that compares to ours for drive ability. Certainly do for Auto's, very smooth, predictable shifting. RPM on auto is 7800rpm, shifts start at 7300.

If you get larger than 72's, then you need to get a custom calibration, we do not offer custom cals. BAP does not change the cal, it holds fuel psi longer which helps the PCM do less correction.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
In all honesty, there is no tune that compares to ours for drive ability. Certainly do for Auto's, very smooth, predictable shifting. RPM on auto is 7800rpm, shifts start at 7300.

If you get larger than 72's, then you need to get a custom calibration, we do not offer custom cals. BAP does not change the cal, it holds fuel psi longer which helps the PCM do less correction.
What about a return style system with e85?

Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Would it be safe to say that if we had this same setup gen 3 same pulley size etc , cat deletes, whipple tune , bap, injectors, and a catback that we would see 725 to the wheels for an m6 in 80 degree weather at sea level ?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Would it be safe to say that if we had this same setup gen 3 same pulley size etc , cat deletes, whipple tune , bap, injectors, and a catback that we would see 725 to the wheels for an m6 in 80 degree weather at sea level ?
No, I would say more using your 93 octane. Closer to 750rw with standard pulley.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
We made 723rwhp at 7300rpm on stock stage 2 whipple tune on 93 octane. This was the gen 2, 3.75 pulley, 132mm TB, and 72lb injectors. Only other performance mod I had at that time was a magnaflow comp cat back. Since then, we raised the rev limiter to 7800 via the whipple flight control now that we have the OPG/CS/ATI. Based on the dyno graph still climbing at 7300 rpm, I'd imagine there is still another 20ish or so to to gain by revving it out to 7800.
Dyno location was Evans Tuning in MT Bethel PA. Was August of 2016, so probably mid 60s in the morning. Not sure what the DA was, but I believe they are less than 700 ft from sea level.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
We made 723rwhp at 7300rpm on stock stage 2 whipple tune on 93 octane. This was the gen 2, 3.75 pulley, 132mm TB, and 72lb injectors. Only other performance mod I had at that time was a magnaflow comp cat back. Since then, we raised the rev limiter to 7800 via the whipple flight control now that we have the OPG/CS/ATI. Based on the dyno graph still climbing at 7300 rpm, I'd imagine there is still another 20ish or so to to gain by revving it out to 7800.
Dyno location was Evans Tuning in MT Bethel PA. Was August of 2016, so probably mid 60s in the morning. Not sure what the DA was, but I believe they are less than 700 ft from sea level.
Yea I would love to see that!!!!.my buddies whipple with 3.5 pulley and tuned by Ken B made 750 with 93 and octanium running it out to 8k rpms.I get it all dynos are defferent,but i.would bet my paycheck that would not happen on that setup.

Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63209

1st dyno last year on dynapacks

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90240

2nd dyno this year on a dynojet after DDS CF DS, ATI/OPG/CS. This was with the updated Whipple tune to fix the previous hesitation issue. Clutch started slipping bad and kept breaking up.

I get they are different dynos but the torque is almost exact on both 560 vs 558, leading me to believe the dyno last year was fairly accurate.

Dynojet second run was immediately after the first run, thus heatsoaked. I also don't know if advance trac was completely turned off because after the 2nd pull, I got all types of check engine lights such as ABS brake failure and unable to change driving modes. I hooked up the laptop with flight control, cleared the codes, turned everything down by -25%, and made the 3rd pull. With the power reduced, car was able to rev a bit higher without the clutch slipping.

Whipple with same set-up (maybe different cat-back) made 718 rwhp. So, I'm thinking its fairly accurate given only 5rwhp different.

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=368

So about that paycheck.....I could really use some axles so I can start hitting the strip =)

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
No, I would say more using your 93 octane. Closer to 750rw with standard pulley.
So,should I expect > 750 rwhp with the standard 3.75 pulley/93 /Whipple tune on a GT 350 ?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350

Is your tune locked, or can we use the base tune and just change injector info?