Sponsored

2019 Ruby Red PP1, sold the 2015 magnetic.

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Gt with Performance Package level 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just traded in my RC350 F-Sport and Picked up a Magnetic Metallic Gt PP. From an amenity standpoint, defiantly a step down. While from a enjoyment standpoint a step up. The RC350 AWD F-Sport while fun, just didn't give you the feeling of driving a sports car. It's heavy, and technology loaded, I was afraid to modify much at all and it lost significant value with the new LC500.

Current mods

EXTERIOR:
GT350 Valence
GT350 Mud Flag kit
MP concepts rear decklid
LED reverse lights
Switchback turn signals
Painted coil covers/engine cover

PERFORMANCE:
GT350 Ford racing by Borla Mufflers
Ford racing x-pipe
Drilled and slotted rotors
High performance brake pads

INTERIOR:
Metra double din dash kit (on order)
JVC double din (on order)
Diode dynamics LED kit
Recaro cloth seats
Window Tint

Picked it up last week, and immediately started by doing a full royal purple filter and oil change. I picked it up CPO, with only 8k miles on it. Second, I removed all four wheels, and lubricated the pins and pads with brake grease, and cut the obnoxious squeaking sounds that the brembo's in the front were making.

Parts wise, I couldn't resist in the first 2 weeks. I ordered and installed the interior map light LEDs, ordered the premium rear bumper OEM from ford (surprisingly they were cheaper than most websites just for the bumper cover) and GT350 lower valance from IKON. The IKON valence sucked, fitment was horrible so I decided to buy the GT350 valence from Levitown ford. I acquired some ford racing by Borla gt350 mufflers and matted everything together.

Only 2 complaints so far. I miss the large screen of the lexus, and I wish the Recaro seats were leather.
dog.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Awesome and welcome! You might be able to score some leather recaros on here. They pop for sale occasionally. I know someone else would also gladly take your cloth recaros.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
He's closer to me, I want those recaros! :D

How much did it cost for all the rear premium bumper parts? Been considering it. IKON also offers a full rear bumper kit (unpainted) with their diffuser. I think it was around $650.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking forward to seeing how this build turns out; cosmetically.

Congrats on your new ride! You're going to love this car even more when you install the new exhaust.

OP
OP
Airforcechris00

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The rear bumper cover for the premium from my local dealership was 425. Then I got the IKON valance on eBay for 399 shipped. When it's all said and done for the rear bumper with paint it's gonna run me around 1k. Then I'm going to start the exhaust build.

Sponsored

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
You should have gone with a premium if you wanted more amenities.

OP
OP
Airforcechris00

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the premium bumper, went to pick it up today and it was a AA bumper not a BA.... they reordered.... should arrive Sunday along with my IKON GT350 valance. Excited to get this exhaust/rear bumper finished.

OP
OP
Airforcechris00

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All the body components arrived today. Gt350 lower valence from IKON and the OEM premium bumper from ford. Starting test fitment today. No instructions with IKON so not sure if I need to cut the bottom diffuser like in the gt350 valence from ford but I'm gonna play around with it to see what I can do

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Just FYI, recovering the Recaros isn't too tricky. I have recovered a set myself, and would be happy to give you advice if you go that route in the future. Took me 2 nights of casual work in the living room and the end result was OEM finish.

Keep your eyes open on ebay, you will occasionally see new-take off Leather Recaro upholstery.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Airforcechris00

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the mustang gt premium rear bumper cut the valence lines up not as snug as I think it would have been. Debating on painting the lower valence it gets small smudges very easily. Overall a good product. Did not receive the tips with the valence looking to order that somehow.
FB_IMG_1494117645729.jpg
FB_IMG_1494117657227.jpg
FB_IMG_1494117660513.jpg
FB_IMG_1494117651410.jpg

OP
OP
Airforcechris00

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Brakes installed

Finally got the brakes installed. Looks fantastic.Factory squeaking is gone!
20170617_122110.jpg
20170605_201905.jpg
20170619_193519.jpg
20170605_201901.jpg

OP
OP
Airforcechris00

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update... Finally got the premium bumper painted and installed after deployment... unfortunately the IKON rear valance did not fit. While it seemed like a good deal, I paid in the end. The rear snapped on and look fantastic, but the edges did not align as the mold seemed slightly too small. I started to pull it outward to make it fit but the diffuser was near its breaking point. Overall, very disappointed in the fitment of the IKON rear diffuser. Will be selling if someone has the time and patients to mold it to fit. I've purchased a gt350 rear valance from a dealership in hopes to get it aligned.

OP
OP
Airforcechris00

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the gt350 diffuser and premium bumper completed. Additionally, did the MP concepts decklide replacement at the same time, and raxiom turn signal kit and rear backup light. Not so happy with the in-cabin turn signal pattern, but overall easy to install product. The OEM gt350 diffuser from Levinttown ford fit perfectly. Now I need to find an exhaust shop that will route my exhaust to it.

SJK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Beautiful car & pup.................
Sponsored