1st gear struggle/odd sounds

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Got into my car today and was having a really hard time getting into first gear. Literally every light it was a struggle. Aside from that Ive always noticed that there can sometimes be a weird kind of clunking sound when I put the clutch in but I dismissed it because I read somewhere that it was normal. However I noticed today that when I get off of the throttle. My car makes a weird rattle sound, almost as if something is loose. Wanted to know if anyone has ever experienced anything similar before.
Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Sounds like you are hearing what many others here, including myself have had with our cars. I had basically all of the suspension mods in my signature done at the dealer prior to taking delivery. Therefore, I was never sure if my mods were a contributing factor to the random clunking and rattling sounds I experience. However, I soon found out after joining the forums that these issues are commonplace amongst modded and stock cars alike.

Carbon fiber driveshaft definitly helped reduce the amount of vibration I was getting, but didnt eliminate it all together.

Never had an issue getting into first gear until after I replaced the clutch and installed the MGW shifter. After about 300 miles, problem went away, so I'm thinking there was some air left in the line that needed to work its way out.

I'm swaping out the tranny fluid and rear axle with BG synchroshift this Tuesday to see if that helps quiet down the remainder of the clunking and vibrating transmissions sounds that just seem inherent to these MT-82 transmission s.