Sponsored

Is anybody's '18 on Cotus yet?

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Well, bugger. After all my meticulous planning, checking and re-checking, etc., I just noticed that my request for spoiler delete was left off of my order...I just got a VIN a few days ago, and COTUS status shows "In Order Processing". My estimated delivery date was Jan 2, so I will update/post with my progress to see just how much longer delivery takes after Jan 2 due to this (minor) change in my order, assuming I don't have to start all over. I have heard very varied and conflicting info as to when you are unable to change your order. Someone will say that you abolutely can't change anything once you have a VIN, and someone else will say that they were able to with no problems at all. I'll let ya'll know. Just like others have said...if I have to formally cancel and re-order, I have no problems doing that. Sure I want my car sooner rather than later, but I want it to be exactly what I want...no compromises.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Well, bugger. After all my meticulous planning, checking and re-checking, etc., I just noticed that my request for spoiler delete was left off of my order...I just got a VIN a few days ago, and COTUS status shows "In Order Processing". My estimated delivery date was Jan 2, so I will update/post with my progress to see just how much longer delivery takes after Jan 2 due to this (minor) change in my order, assuming I don't have to start all over. I have heard very varied and conflicting info as to when you are unable to change your order. Someone will say that you abolutely can't change anything once you have a VIN, and someone else will say that they were able to with no problems at all. I'll let ya'll know. Just like others have said...if I have to formally cancel and re-order, I have no problems doing that. Sure I want my car sooner rather than later, but I want it to be exactly what I want...no compromises.
I assure you that you can absolutely make changes to your order after receiving a VIN. I know this for a fact, because I've done it three times, with three different dealers.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What day did you try to edit your order? I'm still in the process of trying to get my order changed to PP2, but I got a feeling I'm going to have to cancel then reorder.

I just sent an email today (Sunday), but will follow up with a call of course tomorrow during normal business hours. I just got my VIN two days ago.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
The ordering manager at the dealer I ordered from is being such a dick about it. He's acting like it's such a pain in the ass to call whatever Ford rep in the region to get it changed. I think he knows the PP2 will push order back and they just think I'll buy whatever hits the lot first.
they dont have to call anyone, they just change it on the screen and submit it and wait for a new DORA on it when accepted.

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
They are already scheduling into January. Oh no! If I get later than January I'm not going to be happy!!

Sponsored

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are already scheduling into January. Oh no! If I get later than January I'm not going to be happy!!
Well, I had that delivery date LOOOOONG before I got a VIN or "In Order Processing" status. It might just be a placeholder. I bought mine through Military Auto Sales in Germany just before coming back to the United States.

I will keep posting updates as I get them. I also watch this site daily for anyone else's updates...any little tidbits that makes the order/build/delivery schedule (for this cycle) clearer are appreciated.

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
Just got a VIN and build date today, 10 days after placing the order!

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got a VIN and build date today, 10 days after placing the order!

Awesome! I contacted my dealer in Germany, who said that he had contacted someone in the states today, but I didn't hear anything today about the ability to remove the spoiler and not have to start all over.

I'll keep ya'll posted.
drive.gif

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
think cotus is down now, gives me this message for both links "Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [NGBSUrlRewriteFilter]: could not be initialized"

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
think cotus is down now, gives me this message for both links "Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [NGBSUrlRewriteFilter]: could not be initialized"
Yep since late last night

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
From Blueovalnews.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forum...018-mustang-production-information/?p=1012335

FYI... The "OK to Buy" status has now been achieved for ALL 2018 Mustang models! Vehicles coming off the assembly line will be released for immediate shipping. Vehicles produced prior to the "OK to Buy" will be re-inspected and repaired as necessary prior to being released for shipping.
Also my dealer indicated that today is the first day the system accepts retail OK to build

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Regarding quality the owner of the small dealership I use worked in production at Ford. He explained that retail orders, since they are sold, get the best quality checking. Also, from Blueovalnews posts over the years it appears that Ford initially builds stock orders at model change over until they get two weeks of "error" free production. Once that happens they start shipping production as it comes off the line and do whatever corrections are needed to the previous production before shipping those cars.

I don't know how Ford prioritizes stock vs retail orders when they are trying to build new inventory at dealers but also have a lot of leftover cars from the previous model year.

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
This is some really good news, hopefully all the retail orders we have here will be accepted today and get a VIN/schedule, or at least the ones ordered way back in July and Aug when the order banks just opened.
I hope when my salesman calls tomorrow he'll say YOU HAVE A VIN! I'd be jumping up and down!!!

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Germany dealer (I have since returned to the states) says that it was no problem changing my order (adding spoiler delete), even though I had already received a VIN, order #, "production scheduled" status, and delivery date.

Now I just have to recheck COTUS and the military auto sales sites to make sure that the spoiler delete went through. Again, I'll keep ya'll posted...seems to verify that having a VIN and delivery date do not preclude a dealer from changing your order.
banana.gif
Sponsored