A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Just got my car back from dealership. They replaced the evap core. This is the second Mustang in the household that has needed the evaporator core replaced. The silver lining (if there is one) is neither car looks like it has had its entire dash pulled out.

Also, the service manager said he wasn't sure of the part number on the replacement core, but said that it was an upgraded part.
Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just got my car back from dealership. They replaced the evap core. This is the second Mustang in the household that has needed the evaporator core replaced. The silver lining (if there is one) is neither car looks like it has had its entire dash pulled out.
Same with mine. If I hadn't seen the dash out when I visited the dealership at lunch, I wouldn't believe it was ever pulled. :thumbsup:

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Same with mine. If I hadn't seen the dash out when I visited the dealership at lunch, I wouldn't believe it was ever pulled. :thumbsup:
89 trooper long time.... and u tooo fu kkk

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP

Also, the service manager said he wasn't sure of the part number on the replacement core, but said that it was an upgraded part.
The part number with the letter should be on the paperwork they gave you at the end of the trip when you picked up your keys.

Thanks - its a deluxe... replaced the mini-hums with Lollar P90s :headbang:
I've got a Wildkat Royale with dogear P-90s. I love the sound. :)

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
The AC failed just in time for my vacation to the Guadalupe River. It blew cold off and on, but I was able to endure the trip in some degree of comfort. I just got back in town and dropped the car off at the dealer after I made an appointment a few days ago. They were nice enough to put me in a rental.

When I get the car back, I'll let you guys know the specifics of what they found and if they do diagnose the issue as a failed evaporator core, I'll share the part number of the replacement.
Update today - my service advisor called me this morning and let me know that it definitely is the evaporator core, but that the part is on backorder and that there are none currently available in the area. They're supposed to receive a shipment in Houston on the 25th. She mentioned that they are receiving the latest version of the part, but didn't know the exact part number yet.

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
89 trooper long time.... and u tooo fu kkk
Hey! Yep, me too! But hope it's fixed now. Time will tell! :) Good luck with yours!

The part number with the letter should be on the paperwork they gave you at the end of the trip when you picked up your keys.
Yeah, check the paperwork. Mine said ------ Y. (I forget the numbers before the Y). Like I said in an earlier post, I watched him look it up on the computer on 7/15 and Y was the latest.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
In last 1.5 years... my eb is gone.. had roush s2 in middle and then moved to wa.. so sold it and bought gt again.. and building it

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

sktrstangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I got a call from my service tech on Friday 7/21 that my Mustang should be ready to go home on Monday. The A/C evaporator core case is being replaced after a leak was found. I got the last part they had luckily or the backorder is said to now be almost 2 weeks. My car has been there since last Wednesday and anxious waiting to get my car back.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Naa they bluffing.. this part is available mate.. pretty much.. my buddys car went in friday and his thin is on way.. he will get is car next friday

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
AC went out today and I'm assuming it's the evaporator, as the passenger side vents are blowing a little cooler than than the driver's side, but not by much.

Anyway, 35,839 miles so I'm just sliding in under the factory warranty mileage limit. But I bought the extended warranty so it would be covered anyway.

This is the first issue I've had with my 2015.

I guess the Central Texas heat finally killed this weak link in the AC system.

Question - if it's the evaporator, can you recharge the system to get it cooling again, at least temporarily?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Question - if it's the evaporator, can you recharge the system to get it cooling again, at least temporarily?
You should be able too if the leak isn't huge, but it will eventually die again once it leaks the recharge.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Yes people get 2 weeks before recharge.
Just got back from Auto Zone with a bottle of recharge gas. Gonna give it a try.

Do you guys know where the AC low pressure valve for recharging is located?

Thanks. :cheers:

Update: Found the valve/port and got it recharged. It's blowing cold again. Hope it keeps a charge, at least for a while.

I'm gonna call my dealer and ask if the evaporators are on back order. I'm not too keen leaving my car with them while they wait on an evaporator to come in.

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Wow that's a robust evap u got. I thought most southern cars break their core way before that long
Sponsored