Modifying As-Built Data Guide

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
posting this because a lot of people have asked for it, but all credit goes to [MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] and @Airborne_Ape from 2gfusions

Change number of turn signal flashes on a quick tap of the stalk from the default of three

SCCM:
724-01-01 xxxx xXxx xx

0 = One Flash
4 = Two Flashes
6 = Three Flashes
8 = Four Flashes
A = Five Flashes
C = Six Flashes
E = Seven Flashes
This is awesome, thanks! I've always wanted to be able to bump this up to at least 4 flashes, might even consider 5.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
posting this because a lot of people have asked for it, but all credit goes to [MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] and @Airborne_Ape from 2gfusions

Change number of turn signal flashes on a quick tap of the stalk from the default of three

SCCM:
724-01-01 xxxx xXxx xx

0 = One Flash
4 = Two Flashes
6 = Three Flashes
8 = Four Flashes
A = Five Flashes
C = Six Flashes
E = Seven Flashes
Thanks for that! I was looking for a way to change this number to 4 or 5!

EDIT: OK did it. Works perfectly! 5 flashes.

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] Do you know if the following would work on a 2015-17 Mustang, or if there is an alternative to do the same thing? I got it from your thread in the 2gfusions forum. Thanks!

The IPC control for Dark Car / Silent Mode is 720-04-01 xxxX xxxx xxxx

Add a "4" to whatever value is at X (It is probably a 0 or 1 now)

Not sure what years it will work on... It was tested on a 2016.

EDIT: I tried it and it doesn't work, so do you know if there is another way to do it?

Last edited:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
[MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] Do you know if the following would work on a 2015-17 Mustang, or if there is an alternative to do the same thing? I got it from your thread in the 2gfusions forum. Thanks!

EDIT: I tried it and it doesn't work, so do you know if there is another way to do it?
I'm going to assume not, since the Mustang IPC is so much different than any ither Ford. Most of the programming changes that work on other models don't work on the Mustang IPC.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE

I remember a "police dark mode" at the beginning of this thread and\or in the initial spreadsheet, is that the same?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Partly. What I am looking for is the ability to control the Police Dark Mode through the IPC. There is a code for 2g Fusion and I was trying to find out if there is something similar for our cars. I tried several codes but couldn't do it.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Partly. What I am looking for is the ability to control the Police Dark Mode through the IPC. There is a code for 2g Fusion and I was trying to find out if there is something similar for our cars. I tried several codes but couldn't do it.
What are the characteristics of this mode?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
In the 2g Fusion this mode simply gives you the ability to turn the Police Dark Mode on or off through the instrument panel cluster. I don't know anything else about it. The reason why I need it is because the Police Dark Mode makes sense in some cases, but I don't want to have it always activated (when it is activated even the puddle lights remain off).

There is an explanation earlier in this thread about the Police Dark Mode. In brief, when it is enabled the mirror pony lights (puddle lights), the gill lights and the map lights inside the car remain off when you unlock the car. It's a cool feature but not always needed.

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Dark mode options

I tried looking at this as well, because teh dark mode is cool, but I love the puddle lamps. I turned dark mode on via the text options, and then went through and compared all the hex values (in the as-built sections) hoping to find that multiple entries had been modified (assuming that there were separate values controliing the interior lights, the gill lights and the puddle lamps). Unfortunately that doesnt seem to be the case. Only a single Hex value was changed, so they may simply be intrinsically linked.

In the 2g Fusion this mode simply gives you the ability to turn the Police Dark Mode on or off through the instrument panel cluster. I don't know anything else about it. The reason why I need it is because the Police Dark Mode makes sense in some cases, but I don't want to have it always activated (when it is activated even the puddle lights remain off).

There is an explanation earlier in this thread about the Police Dark Mode. In brief, when it is enabled the mirror pony lights (puddle lights), the gill lights and the map lights inside the car remain off when you unlock the car. It's a cool feature but not always needed.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that's partly the reason why I was looking for a way to turn the dark mode on and off through the IPC. Dark mode is cool, but I don't want it enabled all the time because I really like the puddle lights :D

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Here is another neat feature. Changes all the ICONS to different colors.

APIM Change it to this.
7D0-03-01 0000 0002 00DD
When posting mods like this, you REAAAAAALY aught to identify a single character that makes the change, instead of posting a whole line of as-built.

In this case, the only part of that that changes the Sync 3 theme is 7D0-03-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx

The rest of those characters should just be left as they are.

The 0 is the "Ford Classic" theme which is what I use. I believe Mustangs originally have a 1 here which is "Ford Timeless." But there are more, from the F-150 spreadsheet:

Visual Design Variants: 0=Ford Classic, 1=Ford Timeless, 2=Lincoln Timeless, 3=Lincoln Next, 4=Ford New Blue GT (must also set 7D0-02-01 xxxx xDxx xxxx for Blue GT theme)

I don't want to discourage people from posting mods, just avoid doing so carelessly. Narrow it down and identify which character is doing what, because you never know what you're telling people to overwrite when you post that a whole line of as-built does something.

Jordan Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Okay so I'm in the process of going from MFT to Sync 3 in my 2015 GT. All the hardware swap seems simple as can be (following the thread on here). However, the thread mentions nothing about using FORScan to modify the as built files. Is this a necessity to make the MFT to Sync 3 swap work? If so, can someone tell me what needs to be changed or point me to another thread or part of this thread that explaims it. I can't seem to find information on it. \

Thanks!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Okay so I'm in the process of going from MFT to Sync 3 in my 2015 GT. All the hardware swap seems simple as can be (following the thread on here). However, the thread mentions nothing about using FORScan to modify the as built files. Is this a necessity to make the MFT to Sync 3 swap work? If so, can someone tell me what needs to be changed or point me to another thread or part of this thread that explaims it. I can't seem to find information on it. \

Thanks!
The answer is "it depends."

Since you're coming from a MFT car with a premium bezel already, you shouldn't need to change anything in your ACM, IPC, BCM, or ABS like us folks with the base cars do to get the toggles operating correctly.

If your APIM is from an identically configured car (Mustang, trans is same, same park aid options) you won't need to change anything. It'll just work.

There are some differences in the APIM between auto and manual cars.

There are some differences in the APIM between cars that have PAM (rear park assist) and those that do not.

And there are major differences in the APIM between Ford models. Not that it won't work, but to everything working like it should, you'll want to flash the as-built.

Let me know what you're dealing with and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION], have either of you ran into a DTC set in the DSP module after swapping the ACM? I still have the original MFT system in my car, but swapped an ACM with HD radio, and now get a U0237 "lost communication with digital audio control module c" that will not clear.

I flashed the entire as-built from the original ACM, and modified the couple of values necessary to retain HD radio and iTunes tagging, but I'm wondering if there's a value I missed somewhere. Everything appears to function properly aside from the DTC that refuses to clear.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Ah hell, never mind I figured it out. On the MFT system, I guess the non-HD radio uses the DACMC while the HD ACM does not. Made the following change and corrected it:

(DSP)
783-01-01 8xxx xx (default premium ACM)
783-01-01 1xxx xx (default HD ACM)
Sponsored