Sponsored

Interior lights - LEDs

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
The more and more I see and read about people's Mustangs, I feel like am the only one that doesn't have a GT Premium! For me, another $4-5k, was just too much; well, maybe next time...

Anyway, I've purchased on LEDs for my interior (glove box, overhead and boot), to make it brighter.
But, honestly, trying to take the overhead bracket down, I feel as if I am about to break the bloody thing.

Any ideas on the best way to remove that interior overhead bracket? I've watched people do it on videos, and they make it look so easy. Ugh...

2017 Mustang GT (not Premium)
Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
It won't break, I did the LED map lights this week and it requires some force to get the housing off. Just follow the instructions just like the videos and the end result will be night and day in a sense.
ol8tdio3fvlvtiqqmiag.jpg

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just did all of mine. The only hard one was the glove box. I'm 62 with a bad back so getting in the right position was hard:D But no problem. Can't wait for dark to see how it looks.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And for the overhead, you just 'pulled' straight down?
I'll try again tomorrow...

I just did all of mine. The only hard one was the glove box. I'm 62 with a bad back so getting in the right position was hard:D But no problem. Can't wait for dark to see how it looks.

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Any ideas on the best way to remove that interior overhead bracket? I've watched people do it on videos, and they make it look so easy. Ugh...
Try pulling down on the side closest to the windshield. I was able to get mine off that way. Also if you can get a plastic interior pry bar that's a big help.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I tried again today, spending more focus on the windshield side of things, and still wasn't able to pull it down.

I am more scared to break the bloody thing. When I take it in for it's first oil change, I'll ask Ford to do it.

Sad, I know, but...

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I tried again today, spending more focus on the windshield side of things, and still wasn't able to pull it down.

I am more scared to break the bloody thing. When I take it in for it's first oil change, I'll ask Ford to do it.

Sad, I know, but...
[ame]

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Its very easy to pull the housing.. just gotta work your fingers in on an edge and pop one side down first.
fwiw the bulbs I bought wouldnt squeeze through the hole so I discovered you actually don't even need to pull the housing...
If you take a small flat head or anything thin and flat, you can just pop off the plastic lens covers, then pull the bulbs like normal. Not sure why this isnt the recommended install method and it's less work and less chance of breaking something. I discovered it on a YouTube video.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I like the cool white look.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I need to get this done..... lol. The yellow lights are disgusting!

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
the map lights take good force to pull down. same with the previous generation. it sounds and feels like you break it when it finally drops but its all good. like others have said push in and pull on the front windshield side of the fitting.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Its very easy to pull the housing.. just gotta work your fingers in on an edge and pop one side down first.
fwiw the bulbs I bought wouldnt squeeze through the hole so I discovered you actually don't even need to pull the housing...
If you take a small flat head or anything thin and flat, you can just pop off the plastic lens covers, then pull the bulbs like normal. Not sure why this isnt the recommended install method and it's less work and less chance of breaking something. I discovered it on a YouTube video.
^That. There is no need to pull the housing out in order to replace the map lights. This is how I did it, it took only a couple of minutes.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL at how easily the guy removes the housing in the video. UGH!!!

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try this first thing in the morning (when it isn't 90 degrees outside!) :)

Sponsored