Shamlan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shamlan
Vehicle(s)
GT PP '16
Hi Guys,

I am visiting US next week for first time and I am happy to attend some cars meeting or even Cars and Coffee in ATL.

Could someone help me with locations?

Thanks.
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
According to the schedule, there should be a meet on Thursday the 15th at the address below, but there doesn't seem to have been much activity in the meet threads lately, so I don't know if anyone will show?;

Zone 3-
7:30PM - WHENEVER

Mellow Mushroom
410 Hudson Bridge Rd, Stockbridge, GA 30281

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
We really don't do the zone meets so much anymore. I don't think - certainly I haven't been to one in ages. We do Friday night meets in the Kennesaw area (north of Atlanta) and have one scheduled for this Friday the 16th at 7PM. Basically we meet up, chat, go get dinner - nothing fancy. Sometimes if there is a late night car meet that someone calls, some of us will go to that (and fend off the diesel trucks that want to race us... haha). Not sure if you celebrate or not, but there is also Christmas theme party a member is having on Saturday night (the 17th) and I'm sure you'd be welcome if you can bring some kind of non-store bought food (it's a potluck). Regardless, you'll see a zillion Mustangs around the Atlanta area just because you'll in the south - where sports cars reign (and shytty, poorly maintained cars as well).

This evening (the 15th) there is a multi-car meet called "Gwinnet Meet" which is popular with japanese/european cars (most of which are complete crap) and then we S550 owners show up together sometimes. I dislike this meet personally because they charge you $3-5 to get into a gated parking lot and there are rarely any cars worth looking at, but for some reason it is extremely popular (young-aged crowd). They do often have some fancy cars show up to make YouTube videos and that kind of thing, like body-kitted GT-Rs and so forth, but nothing that makes me want to become a regular. Sometimes "thatdudeinblue" from YouTube is there.

There will not be a Caffeine and Octane (our version of Cars and Coffee) when you're here - those are only the first Sunday of each month. Unfortunately you're coming during a weekend which doesn't have much going on for "car shows" - that I'm aware of, anyway.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
We really don't do the zone meets so much anymore. I don't think - certainly I haven't been to one in ages. We do Friday night meets in the Kennesaw area (north of Atlanta) and have one scheduled for this Friday the 16th at 7PM. Basically we meet up, chat, go get dinner - nothing fancy. Sometimes if there is a late night car meet that someone calls, some of us will go to that (and fend off the diesel trucks that want to race us... haha). Not sure if you celebrate or not, but there is also Christmas theme party a member is having on Saturday night (the 17th) and I'm sure you'd be welcome if you can bring some kind of non-store bought food (it's a potluck). Regardless, you'll see a zillion Mustangs around the Atlanta area just because you'll in the south - where sports cars reign (and shytty, poorly maintained cars as well).

This evening (the 15th) there is a multi-car meet called "Gwinnet Meet" which is popular with japanese/european cars (most of which are complete crap) and then we S550 owners show up together sometimes. I dislike this meet personally because they charge you $3-5 to get into a gated parking lot and there are rarely any cars worth looking at, but for some reason it is extremely popular (young-aged crowd). They do often have some fancy cars show up to make YouTube videos and that kind of thing, like body-kitted GT-Rs and so forth, but nothing that makes me want to become a regular. Sometimes "thatdudeinblue" from YouTube is there.

There will not be a Caffeine and Octane (our version of Cars and Coffee) when you're here - those are only the first Sunday of each month. Unfortunately you're coming during a weekend which doesn't have much going on for "car shows" - that I'm aware of, anyway.

Are the Kennesaw meets posted somewhere, or invite only?

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
We coordinate on Facebook - Atlanta S550s group. That is a private group just PM the admin with your name and car and all that jazz if you're not already in there.

The events just pop up when they pop up... called Friday Night Shennanigans usually.

CMonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cookie
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Lightning Blue
Not sure how active this group is, but I'd like to join. New 2017 LB GTPP here out of Duluth.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sent in my request today. Hope to be permitted.

Sponsored