Door latch recall - issues

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So I took the GT in for the door latch recall last week. OMG, what a shit show. The dealer managed to put a big scrape in the front bumper somehow, had wind noise afterwards in the driver side window, both door handles on the outside alignment were messed up and a vibration now emanating from the right door speaker with any amount of bass. They managed to buff out 95% of the scrape and I decided it was probably better than a bad bumper repaint job so let that one go. They fixed the wind noise (although now the window catches just a tad when you open the door) and the handle alignment. Now I need to bring it back again for the speaker noise. Either there is something loose now or somehow they damaged the speaker. Seriously? What is so complicated about this repair that they have to take the entire door apart and screw everything else up in the process? Argh. Thanks for letting me vent....
Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
You scared me straight. I’ve been avoiding taking mine in on this recall forever, now I really don’t want to. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, right?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
wow thanks for the share bro, which dealer was that?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah they butchered my doors too. The panels were not even put back on all the way and I still have a rattle. There have been quite a few threads on this it’s a huge issue I would avoid having it done.

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I had mine done a few months ago, and besides it taking 2 days to complete the job, it has been fine. No damage, no new squeaks or rattles.

Sponsored

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
I had mine done a few months ago, and besides it taking 2 days to complete the job, it has been fine. No damage, no new squeaks or rattles.
Same here but it took only 1 day
I have been working with the same service advisor for over 20 yrs and we have a good relationship which I believe really helps
I understand him and he understands me
He goes out of his way to make sure I am happy with any issue I have.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Great, Im going to pick mine up tomorrow. I took mine in for the hood corrosion and they saw that it hadnt had the latch recall done so they kept it for that. Hope they get it all back together

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I now realize there is another lengthy thread on this, but I am curious if anyone has checked their door where the window switches are. Can you easily lift those plastic pieces up now? I can. I wonder if they broke or removed the clips there too. I don't think it was easy the first time when I see they used a screw driver to pry the piece up initially.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well, the Stang goes back in on Friday to look at the wind noise issue that surfaced after the recall maintence was done on the door latches. SIGH..

I will let you all know what happens, or doesn't happen. Might be time to trade her in!

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Mine goes back in Monday for the wind noise again and to hopefully fix the damaged interior door switch panels. Really wish I never had the recall done because it ruined a beautiful car and I also now I am considering getting rid of it.

Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
They didnt fuck mine quite so hard, but they did manage to set the window so that it didn't go up all the way. Luckily I caught it when I washed the car and not in the huge storm a couple of days later.

They did the light switch panel rattle TSB at the same time and didnt really kill the noise completely.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I received the notice in the mail yesterday and was considering taking it in. Both doors close and latch perfectly fine. Last year around this time I took it in to replace a puddle lamp and door sill under warranty. They ended up scratching my driver side door sill and went 3 months of back and forth to the dealer because the door sill would randomly stop working. After reading your guys stories and remembering my experience, I guess I'll just ignore it for now.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Same here. No issues whatsoever.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine goes back in Monday for the wind noise again and to hopefully fix the damaged interior door switch panels. Really wish I never had the recall done because it ruined a beautiful car and I also now I am considering getting rid of it.

Same here neighbor! I drove to Andover, MA today and got madder and madder all the way there as I listened to the wind noise. I too am considering getting rid of the car too. I told them not to bother with the recall for now but no, they did it anyway!

The dealer is looking at it Friday morning.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I have been putting it off for fear that they will mess something up
Sponsored