OP
OP

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Sonax Wheel cleaner works well for me.
I hear nothing but good things about Sonax. My concern was the heat coating on the fronts, I don't recall anyone mentioning any special care in that's regards.

Congrats bro! Looks great! You gonna keep the 16 too or you planning on selling it?
No plans to get rid of it for the time being. We will see what happens with prices when the GT500 comes out!

Congrats! The reason why you might feel the R pulls harder is the loss in rotational mass. Takes less energy to spin the wheels. Quicker steering response as well. Additionally while the 3.73 gear in the rear remains the same the shorter tire actually makes the effective ratio about 3.87 due to the shorter OD of the R rear tires.

R definitely feels like a level up. Enjoy it! If you don't want to sand blast your underbody and sides of the car consider a street wheel/tire combo too
I'm going to debate for a while on a street wheel/tire combo. I was amazed at the amount of rocks Cup2s throw up and just plain stick to the tires when parked. I noticed there was some type of PPF on the front fenders that my 16 doesn't have, I guess Ford new it also by adding that.

Enjoy your new ride. You should know that you have one of the very last Rs for 2017, which ended with GR942. :ford:
Wow very cool! I was wondering what the final chassis number was, thanks!

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I'm going to debate for a while on a street wheel/tire combo. I was amazed at the amount of rocks Cup2s throw up and just plain stick to the tires when parked. I noticed there was some type of PPF on the front fenders that my 16 doesn't have, I guess Ford new it also by adding that.
TireRack still has MPSS on special: Set of 4: $1,047.26 (325 rears)
Plus another $70 mail-in rebate and they sell the GT350R TPMS for $36 each.

Now you'd just need to find another set of wheels ;)

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...9&rearWidth=325/&rearRatio=30&rearDiameter=19

Sponsored

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
No problem on the wheels ...... I am getting ready to post a set of 6GR rims, 7 spoke, R spec, gloss black with new lugs including sensors that have only been used for 6 months in the classifieds. Stay tuned for a killer deal ........ ;-)

OP
OP

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff