Ridetech Level 2 Coilovers installed:

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm interested in these coilovers for dual use daily and track use. I currently have BMR handling springs paired with FRPP track struts/shocks and the car is just terribly soft, vauge and floaty to me. Feels like the chassis is riding on top of the suspension rather than them working as one.

What spring rates would people recommend? Would 400/600 be too stiff for daily duties?
For street and track 400/600 is fine. If you have bars you can tune with them. . Ive been running 350/650 with my BMR bars and everything is working pretty well.
Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I'm currently running RideTech Level II's. The default spring rate for the street is 300F / 400R. I'm running 350F/450R. It rides real firm on the street, but it's not jarring. I feel that if you ran anything stiffer than that it's going to get uncomfortable if you are using your car for daily use as well.

Mine is not a daily, but I do hit the track. So far it's been a good setup, but I may need to go stiffer when I move to my dedicated 19x11 square track setup, aero improvements and Vorshlag camber plates. The car is not my daily so going stiffer may be OK for me.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
[MENTION=16078]GTP[/MENTION] :lol: He's running as stiff/stiffer than I am.

[MENTION=29474]spiller[/MENTION], I am wondering if you would get what you want by just changing dampers to Bilstein or Koni. You might also want upgraded bars.
I'm running the FRPP bars on stiff setting too. The cornering ability is quite good, it sits flatish, but the individual dampening at each wheel is not ideal resulting in a lack of feel as to what the tyres are doing. The most annoying aspect is how the weight shifts back and forth under rapid throttle inputs. I have thought about the Koni but I can't really be stuffed pulling the strut apart again!

For street and track 400/600 is fine. If you have bars you can tune with them. . Ive been running 350/650 with my BMR bars and everything is working pretty well.
I have FRP swaybars so only a stiff or soft setting. Which rate have you liked the best? What tires do you use?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running the FRPP bars on stiff setting too. The cornering ability is quite good, it sits flatish, but the individual dampening at each wheel is not ideal resulting in a lack of feel as to what the tyres are doing. The most annoying aspect is how the weight shifts back and forth under rapid throttle inputs. I have thought about the Koni but I can't really be stuffed pulling the strut apart again!

I have FRP swaybars so only a stiff or soft setting. Which rate have you liked the best? What tires do you use?
Yeah, everything you're saying leads me to damping.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Yeah, everything you're saying leads me to damping.
Absolutely. They're a good street set up for those who like to stick to normal road speeds. Anything more than that and they are compromised.

Re: the ridetech guys, what is the purpose of only adjusting rebound? Most single adjustable set ups I've seen adjust rebound and compression, not just rebound?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely. They're a good street set up for those who like to stick to normal road speeds. Anything more than that and they are compromised.

Re: the ridetech guys, what is the purpose of only adjusting rebound? Most single adjustable set ups I've seen adjust rebound and compression, not just rebound?
Increasing rebound all around will decrease the rate the car squats and dives at. That's why I think you'd like a damper with more rebound capability.

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Just placed my order for a set and topping them off with vorshlag camber plates. Excited to try these out!

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
Just placed my order for a set and topping them off with vorshlag camber plates. Excited to try these out!
Awesome man! Let me know if I can help out with anything! :cheers:

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What springs did you order?

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
What springs did you order?
I got them from cjpony so I am going to have to get a hold of [MENTION=16613]RidetechJosh[/MENTION] to see if I can get some 350F450 or 500R springs.

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Cool is it a track car? I have 375 f 400 r and looking to go softer on the front.

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Cool is it a track car? I have 375 f 400 r and looking to go softer on the front.
It's a toy/weekend/track car. I currently have steeda coilover with 350 front and a noncoilover rear with 1000-1100lbs/in "working range". I don't feel it is too firm at all. I just don't feel my current setup is providing the feel I am looking for.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I didn't even know vorshlag made camber plates for the ridetechs. Guess I'll be ordering them eventually. :headbang:

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red