Sponsored

Dashcam Install with Invisicord- Transcend Drive Pro 520

Nik_Ind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 GT Coupe
Hi!

Just wanted to share my install with everyone here, but in case this info is already available, mods may please feel free to delete this thread. Only wish to help :) ! I was looking around to hard-wire my dashcam since quite some time and didn't get concrete install instructions. I wanted to use the 12v power source from the rear view mirror and there was a little confusion over which wires to tap into.

So, my Invisicord arrived last week and I finally got to install it today. The install barely took me 5 minutes. I had read on some other forum that the pins to tap into were Pin 1 (Blue/Black wire) and Pin 4 (Brown/Yellow wire). However, it also mentioned that the ground wire (Black) goes into Pin 4, and the power wire (Yellow) goes into Pin 1. That didn't work, so I just switched them and the dashcam switched on. Like I said earlier, it was a fairly simple install and the taps were successfully installed after using just a little bit of force since the pins are a little tight.

Clicked a few pictures to show the install. This can also work in case anyone wants to install a radar detector instead. Also, when you order the Invisicord, do check whether you need a micro usb or the standard one. I ordered without checking and realised that I did not require the micro adapter for my dashcam.
IMG_20170709_193209126.jpg
IMG_20170709_193147177.jpg
IMG_20170709_193437602.jpg
Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
This is awesome!! I hate that I have to run my cord around the windshield and down.. This is the way I used to wire my Valentine 1.

Got a couple of questions.. what connector is that that goes into your dashcam, mini-usb? Also, where did you get the cord? And does your camera automatically turn on/off with the car or do you have to do it manually?

OP
OP
Nik_Ind

Nik_Ind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 GT Coupe
This is awesome!! I hate that I have to run my cord around the windshield and down.. This is the way I used to wire my Valentine 1.

Got a couple of questions.. what connector is that that goes into your dashcam, mini-usb? Also, where did you get the cord? And does your camera automatically turn on/off with the car or do you have to do it manually?
Hey bud! The connector that goes into the cam is mini. I did mention in my post that I ended up ordering a micro adapter which I actually didn't need. The cam turns on automatically when I switch on the ignition and turn off just the same. Got the cord from the following link, bud (I ordered the wire along with the fuse) http://invisicord.com/osc2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58
Sponsored

Last edited: