Sponsored

coilover recommendations...

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
We have been in contact and will be carrying the Ohlins once they become available. The unique part is we will be offering them with our Caster/Camber plates with our 2.5" spring seat that is loaded on the Caster/Camber plate itself just like stock instead of putting the spring load through the spherical bearing.

24230-Coil-Over-Kit-With-Vogtland-Spring-and-Viking-Strut.jpg

24230-2.5-inch-spring-perch.jpg
Sponsored

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
Any insight on the spring rates? Not the normal split on these cars...
We are planning on selling them with our Caster/Camber plates along with Vogtland springs in any rate the customer wants.

OP
OP
Schu

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Well... they would have to be appropriately halved for the spring requested... do you have any idea of The range?

See what the best price you can get the TXX coilover for (like on cortex website) and pm me a price.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ohlins said 900 max, but it wasn't a definitive answer. I'd limit it to 850. They can put whatever spring they want, and revalve for it though. Talked to them today.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Schu

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
They are on my shortlist also, but I had read something about a lack of travel, or something to that effect, that would compromise non smooth surface performance.

I really wish I could find someone that offered discounts on the Txx design dampers.

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm also upgrading to coilovers, I noticed that the KW CS2 has the camber plates, I'm guessing I can buy the CS2s and don't need to purchase any additional items for the install??

Or, are there other items I need to complete the install? Any help is appreciated.

I was thinking of going with the V1, but after reading this thread, the CS2 seems the way to go.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I'm also upgrading to coilovers, I noticed that the KW CS2 has the camber plates, I'm guessing I can buy the CS2s and don't need to purchase any additional items for the install??

Or, are there other items I need to complete the install? Any help is appreciated.

I was thinking of going with the V1, but after reading this thread, the CS2 seems the way to go.
Clubsport includes everything you need to install and is pretty easy to do.

just make sure all height adjustments are made with the car off the ground.

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Clubsport includes everything you need to install and is pretty easy to do.

just make sure all height adjustments are made with the car off the ground.
Thank you for the info.

Sponsored

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
This is a great thread. I'd certainly like to see more people's input. I'm considering Ridetech and the KWs, but now possibly these Ohlins as well. I'll be mostly just spirited street driving, canyons runs, 5-8 Autocross events per year and maybe 1-2 HPDE track days. Trying to stay around $2500-$3000

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is a great thread. I'd certainly like to see more people's input. I'm considering Ridetech and the KWs, but now possibly these Ohlins as well. I'll be mostly just spirited street driving, canyons runs, 5-8 Autocross events per year and maybe 1-2 HPDE track days. Trying to stay around $2500-$3000
I went with Ridetech, I wanted the back coilovers to be married, the only KW that has married rears is the CS2. But those are also $4k+. If you don't care if the rears are married or unmarried, the Ridetech or KW V3 fits in your window of budget.

I love the Ridetechs, can maneuver corners very well, I'm not a huge fan of the bounciness, but I'm still fine tuning the adjustments here and there. I was told from the suspension shop that installed them, that I will experience less bounciness if I went with 19" or 20" wheels, due to deflection I think is what he said.

I was already going to purchase 19" wheels, I hope he's correct on his statement.

Overall, I'm really happy with Ridetech.

Last edited:

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Comment on KW v3. No special top mount - stock works. However, they use a proprietary spring rate which is progressive on both ends. Moreover, the springs are not conventional C/O springs. To swap over to a 2.5" Hypercoil or similar would require some mods and most likely a top mount for the front. The rears would also need mods. The KW is a superior shock when compared to a Bilstein HD or Koni Sport. But if you want spring rate choices, don't go KWv3 until they offer some options.

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
The Steeda Coilovers are a hell of a deal. Good quality, easy to buy new softer or harder springs and camber plates as part of the package. Been really happy with them

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Coilovers are a hell of a deal. Good quality, easy to buy new softer or harder springs and camber plates as part of the package. Been really happy with them
Appreciate the feedback & support - happy to help anyone looking for a set!

They are well priced & even better with the Steeda Forum Discount :)

TJ
Sponsored