Corsa Touring Axle Backs with Mishimoto H Pipe

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
thanks for recommending this, i think i would have been back at stock resonator otherwise!

on another note... im now staring at the borla s type sitting here wondering what it might sound like with the stock resonator replaced... as im fairly sure the tone that was bothering me was coming from that resonator
Sponsored

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
You are in the minority. I get a ton of complements on my Corsa cat backs.
+1

I love that the Coyote sounds nothing like the old windsor engines....or any pushrod motors. The Corsa sounds amazing on coyote engines.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for recommending this, i think i would have been back at stock resonator otherwise!

on another note... im now staring at the borla s type sitting here wondering what it might sound like with the stock resonator replaced... as im fairly sure the tone that was bothering me was coming from that resonator
No, it is from the mufflers. They introduce a lot more noise in the cabin for similar exterior volume. The RSC design in the Corsa mufflers is what makes the difference.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
Here we Goooooo!

perfect combo love it!

The trumpety BRAAHHHH is completely gone as is all the rasp - just a really nice grumbly / throaty tone now

Heres all three together for comparisons sake
I also like the tone of the last set up with the vibrant bullets. Also gives you a little deep bubble. Its a little difficult to effectively judge the overall resultant volume levels between the three in the video. To help us better understand the volume diff between the three combo's in your video. If using a 1 -10 scale with 10 being the loudest. If we assume the Corsa with H pipe is an 8, where do you feel the other two fall:

Corsa + H pipe = 8
Corsa + H pipe + Vibrant Bullet Resonators = ?
Corsa + Stock Resonator = ?
Stock Factory set up = 1

Might be difficult for you to remember but hope you can get us into the ballpark as I'm also considering the vibrant bullets added to my Mishimoto GT Pro exhaust with a Heartthrob H pipe, which sound is awesome just a little louder than I had hoped when driving through the neighborhood, and particularly with a cold start up. :eyebulge:

Also to clarify, which Vibrant Bullet did you go with? I see that there are two 12" versions, however one is 4" round and the other is 3.5" round. I assume the smaller bullet would be slightly louder than the larger bullet.

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also like the tone of the last set up with the vibrant bullets. Also gives you a little deep bubble. Its a little difficult to effectively judge the overall resultant volume levels between the three in the video. To help us better understand the volume diff between the three combo's in your video. If using a 1 -10 scale with 10 being the loudest. If we assume the Corsa with H pipe is an 8, where do you feel the other two fall:

Corsa + H pipe = 8
Corsa + Stock Resonator = ?
Corsa + H pipe + Vibrant Bullet Resonators = ?
Stock Factory set up = 1

Might be difficult for you to remember but hope you can get us into the ballpark as I'm also considering the vibrant bullets added to my Mishimoto GT Pro exhaust with a Heartthrob H pipe, which sound is awesome just a little louder than I had hoped when driving through the neighborhood, and particularly with a cold start up. :eyebulge:
Corsa + H pipe = 8
Corsa + Stock Resonator = 3
Corsa + H pipe + Vibrant Bullet Resonators = 5
Stock Factory set up = 1

i would say the extra 3 points between the straight H pipe and the one with the resonators comes from the rasp. the rasp is completely gone with the resonators in place - but the volume is still there

Sponsored

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One rather annoying thing i have to point out however, is that i am now bottoming out on certain speed bumps and i "think" its from the these resonators.

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-13%20at%2018.07.57.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-13%20at%2018.07.51.png

if you check you'll see they slight slightly lower than the stock resonator.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
One rather annoying thing i have to point out however, is that i am now bottoming out on certain speed bumps and i "think" its from the these resonators.

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-13%20at%2018.07.57.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-13%20at%2018.07.51.png

if you check you'll see they slight slightly lower than the stock resonator.
Awe great pre post pics. I definitely see the diff.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
i added bullet resonators to my kooks/corsa extreme combo right at the factory connect point. full 3" now to.
Yote41, just curious, what bullet resonators are these ones you added? Where did you get them from? Do they come in 2.5"?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yote41, just curious, what bullet resonators are these ones you added? Where did you get them from? Do they come in 2.5"?
I have yet to find anything that short in 2.5". Only 3" or larger. The Vibrant ones that are mentioned in this thread are the best I can find for a mild volume reduction.

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also to clarify, which Vibrant Bullet did you go with? I see that there are two 12" versions, however one is 4" round and the other is 3.5" round. I assume the smaller bullet would be slightly louder than the larger bullet.
i went with this one http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1054&products_id=290

it is 4" round yes (but a shorter "absorbing" length) - i assumed this one would be louder than the 3.5" one (with longer absorbing time)
could be wrong / they may be exactly the same

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i went with this one http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1054&products_id=290

it is 4" round yes (but a shorter "absorbing" length) - i assumed this one would be louder than the 3.5" one (with longer absorbing time)
could be wrong / they may be exactly the same
The 3.5" one would be slightly quieter than the 4" one. Because of the design, the length has more of an affect on the tone/volume than the total volume, though the volume does matter. They're very nearly the same on resonating chamber volume.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Corsa + H pipe = 8
Corsa + Stock Resonator = 3
Corsa + H pipe + Vibrant Bullet Resonators = 5
Stock Factory set up = 1

i would say the extra 3 points between the straight H pipe and the one with the resonators comes from the rasp. the rasp is completely gone with the resonators in place - but the volume is still there
So the volume hasn't changed, but the rasp is gone. Does that translate into the cabin is a lot quieter,, but it's still really loud outside? Or is the cabin still loud but now livable because the rasp is gone? Did you have any drone in the cabin before you installed the resonators and now there's no drone? With my system I never had any rasp, however am simply finding the loudness causes some drone at certain rpm's in the cabin .... I can't hardly use my phone without yelling or turning up the volume.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i ended up using the 3" dynomax bullet resonator. due to size limitations and i didn't want to kill the loudness to much. the result is its all free flowing 3" now still very loud with extremes. it did cut 85% of rasp while adding a much deeper tone. almost sounds like a corsa borla hybrid now.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So the volume hasn't changed, but the rasp is gone. Does that translate into the cabin is a lot quieter,, but it's still really loud outside? Or is the cabin still loud but now livable because the rasp is gone? Did you have any drone in the cabin before you installed the resonators and now there's no drone? With my system I never had any rasp, however am simply finding the loudness causes some drone at certain rpm's in the cabin .... I can't hardly use my phone without yelling or turning up the volume.
Your drone is from your mufflers. These will tame it but not remove the drone.

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t have much / any drone with these corsa touring mufflers (that’s why I got them and why changed from the Borla)

It’s still loud outside yeh- just doesn’t reverberate all over the street walls now as the tone is now much lower frequencies
Sponsored