Sponsored

Trunk Lid Issues

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I took the Shelby to the dealership today to address the trunk lid alignment and panel gap. They said all issues will be fixed under warranty. I purchased the Shelby new in March and now have about 4,8xx miles.

The driver's side is sticking our more where as the passenger side is flush. The passenger side is where the paint rub has occurred.

The trunk misalignment has caused some serious pant rub as pictured. The dealership is going to repair the rubbed off paint as well as fix the trunk lid. They are also going to repair the bumper sag. I decided to give them a shot since it's still under warranty.
Trunk.jpg
Trunk2.jpg
Trunk5.JPG
Trunk6.JPG
Trunk4.JPG
Trunk3.JPG
Sponsored

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
unacceptable good luck getting it fixed

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Come on Ford...sloppy, sloppy!! I too have a misaligned trunk and sagging rear bumper fascia, not as bad as yours but needs addressing!! And I just picked up my GT350 two days ago!! Need to focus more on QC!! And of course my neighbor who is a Chevy fan (good guy) immediately pointed out the misaligned trunk, front fender and rear bumper fascia misalignments...sigh...was embarrassed as this is a GREAT ride but first impressions...

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has progressively gotten worse. The panel gap that is. The truck has been a Job 1 feature since day 1.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
The only thing that sold me on a Shelby was the engine. All the rest is crap. I had given up on Fomoco and the Shelby is the absolute last fling for me. The QC is totally lacking on these cars.

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Ditto! My trunk lid rear center panel looks exactly like yours & just recently noticed my rear bumper panel gaps have gotten even worse......off to the dealer I go. Sucks! But encouraging that others here are getting good satisfaction under warranty.

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You'd think that maybe, just maybe they'd sprinkle an extra dash of QC over the GT350 before it left their shop? After all, we're dropping some $$ on these, not to mention some of us on the ADM. What I've noticed so far though is most everyone is being treated well with warranty coverage. This would be horrendous if we got push back from them.

Anyway, you think this has bad panel fitment. I have a C7 Z51 and it's worse.

Glad you're getting it taken care of under warranty!

I'm scared of what life will be like 3 years or 36k miles from now.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I took the Shelby to the dealership today to address the trunk lid alignment and panel gap. They said all issues will be fixed under warranty. I purchased the Shelby new in March and now have about 4,8xx miles.

The driver's side is sticking our more where as the passenger side is flush. The passenger side is where the paint rub has occurred.

The trunk misalignment has caused some serious pant rub as pictured. The dealership is going to repair the rubbed off paint as well as fix the trunk lid. They are also going to repair the bumper sag. I decided to give them a shot since it's still under warranty.
I had an issue like the 1st pic on my '15 GTPP. It wasn't the trunk that was misaligned, it was the tail light. I had it fixed under warranty and it was a simple fix.

Dunno what to say about the paint rub.

The rear bumper gap is a different thing. Yours looks pretty rough, much greater than mine. Good luck getting it fixed, the gap seems to be just the nature of the beast.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fixed all issues under warranty. I just picked up the car. The photos are not the best but they show the lack of gaps and trunk alignment issues. The photos look like there are issues with the paint but those are reflections. No issues in the gap or on the bumper or anywhere else.
IMG_8125.jpg
IMG_8127.jpg
IMG_8128.jpg
IMG_8129.jpg

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Ford fixed all issues under warranty. I just picked up the car. The photos are not the best but they show the lack of gaps and trunk alignment issues. The photos look like there are issues with the paint but those are reflections. No issues in the gap or on the bumper or anywhere else.
Glad to see your positive outcome ! Must get mine in to my dealer soon; really tired of looking @ those annoying issues. They're getting worse AND are embarrassing! :(

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Just got the exact same thing done to mine. In my case the trunk lid was a little to far to the right causing the black panel to almost rub the taillight. The body shop moved the trunk lid a little to the left (when I asked how he did it the body shop guy told me I didn't want to know, (probably a crowbar and blocks of wood) My panel gaps aren't quite as snug as yours but they said that was the best they could get them.

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
The only thing that sold me on a Shelby was the engine. All the rest is crap. I had given up on Fomoco and the Shelby is the absolute last fling for me. The QC is totally lacking on these cars.
Really. Everything else is crap huh. I knew exactly what I was getting; a near competition car refined just enough for the road with supportive seats, and decent tunes. Great suspension/steering, stiff structural integrity, awesome brakes, excellent trans, and a FPC motor remain relevant to my purchase.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Really. Everything else is crap huh. I knew exactly what I was getting; a near competition car refined just enough for the road with supportive seats, and decent tunes. Great suspension/steering, stiff structural integrity, awesome brakes, excellent trans, and a FPC motor remain relevant to my purchase.
Glad you are happy with your purchase man.

The poster you are quoting though is also allowed to be unhappy with his purchase and share his opinion - this thread was about gaps and QC. Not sure why you felt the need to post in this thread. Perhaps start your own or keep it on topic.

Oh, and relevant to this thread - the bumper gaps are terrible. Ford has ordered new clips for me as the front clips on both sides of my front fender have broken off...I actually have a feeling my whole front bumper will need to be replaced.

The QC on these things is/was awful.

But I love it anyway.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do want to give credit to Tommy Vaugn Ford in Houston. I did not buy the Shelby from them but they did not hesitate or balk at fixing the car when I brought it to them. It took most of the day but they fixed all of the issues in one day with zero hassle.
Sponsored