Bigtim352

bigtim352
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/black accent package
First off good afternoon M6G, hope everyone is having a great day.

now the reason for the post is I seem to be having an issue after my FRPP Track Package install and I don't know if am being paranoid or I am missing something.

I installed the kit my self, and I would consider my self an above average mechanically inclined individual but i seem to be stumped.

the issue is only noticeable during highly spirited driving, day to driving unnoticeable, and mainly during high G right turns i seem to get some sort of a noise/clunk that from in the car feels like it derives from the left front sway bar mount area/ sway bar end link, and under acceleration the car is going obliviously unweighted but i feel like its almost ice skaty under heavy G right turn under the power if that makes sense.

could it be tires? Firestone indy500 wide oval 285/35-19 squared on 19x10 wheels. air pressure? 40ish pounds per tire, possibly the tire is hopping?

any advice would be greatly appreciated
IMG_5616.jpg
Sponsored

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Did you install lateral locks on your front sway bar? If not the front sway bar can move laterally and cause a knocking sound on hard turns. The track pack sway bay has no welded lateral stop like most sway bars, so it can move without lateral locks. Most people, me included added these when doing the install. Never heard a clunk, but members who didn't add the lateral locks, have experienced a clunk or knock and even had their sway bar shift position.

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/dll138

They are an inexpensive easy fix, this is also how whiteline does their sway bars. The size in the link is the correct size as well, even though it larger than the sway bar on paper.

OP
OP
Bigtim352

Bigtim352

bigtim352
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/black accent package
Did you install lateral locks on your front sway bar? If not the front sway bar can move laterally and cause a knocking sound on hard turns. The track pack sway bay has no welded lateral stop like most sway bars, so it can move without lateral locks. Most people, me included added these when doing the install. Never heard a clunk, but members who didn't add the lateral locks, have experienced a clunk or knock and even had their sway bar shift position.

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/dll138

They are an inexpensive easy fix, this is also how whiteline does their sway bars. The size in the link is the correct size as well, even though it larger than the sway bar on paper.

Bro you are a godsend, I noticed that they didn't have them like my old stock one did, my install buddy and I didn't like the fact that it didn't have the lock outs. I have a feeling that may be it. Thanks for the advice

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Bro you are a godsend, I noticed that they didn't have them like my old stock one did, my install buddy and I didn't like the fact that it didn't have the lock outs. I have a feeling that may be it. Thanks for the advice
Glad to help a fellow enthusiast out!

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
First off good afternoon M6G, hope everyone is having a great day.

now the reason for the post is I seem to be having an issue after my FRPP Track Package install and I don't know if am being paranoid or I am missing something.

I installed the kit my self, and I would consider my self an above average mechanically inclined individual but i seem to be stumped.

the issue is only noticeable during highly spirited driving, day to driving unnoticeable, and mainly during high G right turns i seem to get some sort of a noise/clunk that from in the car feels like it derives from the left front sway bar mount area/ sway bar end link, and under acceleration the car is going obliviously unweighted but i feel like its almost ice skaty under heavy G right turn under the power if that makes sense.

could it be tires? Firestone indy500 wide oval 285/35-19 squared on 19x10 wheels. air pressure? 40ish pounds per tire, possibly the tire is hopping?

any advice would be greatly appreciated
Could you post another pic, from the front and side?? I would like to go with the same setup and would like to see how much lower this is compared to stock. Thank you.

Edit: Which wheel setup is this? Tiresize, wheelsize, offset and wheelwidth would be nice to know.

Sponsored

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
This is a good find - I'm going to order them and get them installed.

bigtim352, you're running a pretty high tire pressure. I've found that 34 on the front, and 30-32 on the rear, seems to work well for spirited on-road driving.

Once you get onto a road course, even those pressures are probably a few pounds too high, though I'm basing that on past experience with the S197.

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the same package (FRPP Track Pack) awaiting installation, so I'd like to order these for my sway bar. Are we certain these are the right size for my front sway bar? They seem like a no-brainer addition.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the FRPP bar 35 mm? That's the size lateral lock you want.

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Exactly, that's why I'm wondering why the 38-39 size was linked above. :)

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
Bigtim352 your car looks fantastic! Nice work.

I just bought the same tires as you, but mounted on 19x9.5. I hope I'm not too narrow. How are they working for you? I haven't really had a chance to test mine, it's still a bit cold here, and the roads are a mess.

40 psi seems high to me. If that's a hot pressure it's high, but not crazy high. At he track I usually run 37-38 hot pressures.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Bigtim352 your car looks fantastic! Nice work.

I just bought the same tires as you, but mounted on 19x9.5. I hope I'm not too narrow. How are they working for you? I haven't really had a chance to test mine, it's still a bit cold here, and the roads are a mess.
285/35 is perfectly fine on a 9.5".

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
285/35 is perfectly fine on a 9.5".
I've read on MotoIQ that tires should be sized around 1/2" less than your rim width. The Indy500 285/35 has a tread width of 9.6", or pretty much the same as my rim.

I had an s197 GT with 19x9.5 rims (square), but ran 255/40 up front. That car steered beautifully, but I wonder how much the slight stretch was helping. Maybe I'll go 275/35 next time. Oh well, I have to wear them out first!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
OP where did you get those tires with the white lettering? They look sweet.

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
Isn't the FRPP bar 35 mm? That's the size lateral lock you want.
Dentalguy has the FRPP Track Handling Pack, and says "The size in the link is the correct size as well, even though it larger than the sway bar on paper."

That better be right because I ordered them last night before I had a chance to get under the car and measure.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've read on MotoIQ that tires should be sized around 1/2" less than your rim width. The Indy500 285/35 has a tread width of 9.6", or pretty much the same as my rim.

I had an s197 GT with 19x9.5 rims (square), but ran 255/40 up front. That car steered beautifully, but I wonder how much the slight stretch was helping. Maybe I'll go 275/35 next time. Oh well, I have to wear them out first!
It is ideal for steering response, but at a 35 aspect, it's going to be pretty darn good anyway.
Sponsored