Anyone else like the stock exhaust?

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I've modified exhaust on motorcycles to lose some weight and gain a little hp but I'm new to the car upgrades.

I've seen quite a few posts on adding this or that exhaust but personally I love the way the car sounds as is. I hear it just fine and love the fact the cars interior is as quiet as it is, I'm blasting the shaker stereo most the time anyway.

Now that said, I will want to adjust the exhaust if it can provide more power when I get the cash but I don't want it getting much louder. Any suggestions?

I think I read there's a mid pipe that deletes the cats but I'd be a bit worried about it passing emissions if I did that. Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
no

and who listens to a stereo over a v8 mustang?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I actually do.

My old car and my motorcycles are obnoxious in varying degrees, so it's nice to have something a little more subdued.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
There are no cats on the mid pipe. The cats come down from the headers which then run to the mid pipe/resonator. I thought the same thing but I got bored with it real quick. Switched the the Borla S Types and never looked back.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I do actually like the stock exhaust although I wish it was just a little bit throatier. But at the same time, I like that I can rip around back roads and not tip off the police in the next county.

If you want a bigger exhaust but not very loud, keep to something with "touring" in the name.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
It was a little too quite for me so I added a FRPP X pipe. Turned out to be just right inside and out.

<<< has tinnitus from a lifetime of owning loud race cars, motorcycles, stereos, guitar amps, guns, etc.

OP
OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I actually do.

My old car and my motorcycles are obnoxious in varying degrees, so it's nice to have something a little more subdued.
Yeah, my other vehicle is a 79 ford f250 and even though the interior is dynamatted you still hear the 460.

Now it sounds good but is a little much. I crank the stereo up in that truck too.

My bike is a cbr1100 with a micron exhaust and it is obnoxiously loud and the drone on long trips is really bad.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's not bad if you want a quiet ride.
It's kinda quiet at lower rpm making rev matching difficult as I can't hear the engine.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
It has good tone, but it's lacking in the volume department. I stuck a resonator delete h pipe on mine. While it helped give it a little more volume it's still not enough. Eventually I'll be going off-road headers and full 3" exhaust.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I like the sound, just no quite loud enough.

I have been debating between an X or an H pipe. But from what I have read, X pipe is raspier. And H pipe gives a bit more volume without changing the exhaust note..:shrug:

Anyone that can confirm or deny what I have stated, please chime in..:thumbsup:

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
I like the sound, just no quite loud enough.

I have been debating between an X or an H pipe. But from what I have read, X pipe is raspier. And H pipe gives a bit more volume without changing the exhaust note..:shrug:

Anyone that can confirm or deny what I have stated, please chime in..:thumbsup:
Keeping the stock mufflers and adding an H pipe will keep the same tone, add zero rasp, but up the volume a little bit. Nothing over the top.

I hate how popular x pipes are on these cars, they add so much rasp and just make the exhaust note unpleasant for the most part.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Keeping the stock mufflers and adding an H pipe will keep the same tone, add zero rasp, but up the volume a little bit. Nothing over the top.

I hate how popular x pipes are on these cars, they add so much rasp and just make the exhaust note unpleasant for the most part.
That's what I have read over and over.

Thanx for that....:thumbsup:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I like the sound of my Ecoboost, I would describe it as kind of high tech, I think the whole car is kind of high tech, as well as am I , it suits me fine.

That being said I did do a y-pipe resonator delete, provides just tad more growl at open throttle but under normal driving conditions no difference at all, once again it suits me fine.

TC :ford:
Sponsored