Sponsored

Steeda Jacking Rails - do it :)

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just curious, why are the bolts for the rails shorter than factory bolts? shouldnt they be longer given the additional thickness of steel?
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
You're the one that wasted his money but I'm ignorant for not trying something I know doesn't work in that manner. I have money in my wallet - fine by me.
Baseless argument, lol... like I said, ignorant.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Baseless argument, lol... like I said, ignorant.
Hardly. The exact person that YOU referenced came in and told YOU that his car still tramlines badly...and you're still calling everyone who doesn't agree with you ignorant? Purchase confirmation is strong with you. Enjoy that.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sorry, I think we changed subjects for a second and were speaking of the brace possibly improving tramlining, not the rails. I have the rails on mine (Steeda) and they of course didn't improve tramlining at all. Wasn't expecting that. And really don't expect the brace to improve tramlining but many say it has, whether it's placebo or not, if some think they help and the car feels more stable, then they help, right? lol.
The front subframe braces have the greatest effect under heavy braking. Tramlining is reduced on stiffer springs. Not a huge affect in that regard with stock suspension. The stiffer spring rate I've gone the more I've noticed the affect of a front subframe brace. I did take it off to feel the difference when I went from Dteeda Ultralite to Swift Spec R which is a notable spring rate jump up front. I never had a tramlining issue with my car on the stock suspension, just ridiculous bounciness that IRS parts helped and Steeda dampers and rear shock mounts totally solved.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hardly. The exact person that YOU referenced came in and told YOU that his car still tramlines badly...and you're still calling everyone who doesn't agree with you ignorant? Purchase confirmation is strong with you. Enjoy that.
Damn dude... you got reading incomprehension skills too.

Joe never gave a quality to his mention... he merely said it still tramlines. Where did you see him say it didn't change/reduce the tramlining? Eh? Yeah... he didn't... and even if he did, I accept his word cause he has experience, and you sir, only have a heckler's argument... you know, that of a troll.

Your opinion is that of ignorance...

Let's turn the page bro... quit heckling people who get the added benefit of a device that Steeda doesn't even declare the device actually does... comprende? Capiche? Got milk?

Sheesh...

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Has anyone used the jacking rails with an ezlift portable lift or other car lift? Also, with the length of the jack rails to be only 34", is their any issue with balance on the jack rails due to too much weight up front?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Mine shipped today. Great customer service. Gave me the forum discount after I ordered because I did not realize there was a discount to be had.
I also ordered the 2 point brace because it was only $72 after the discount. What the heck, maybe it helps, maybe it don't.

What I do know is no since in continuing the beating of a dead horse.

I had the same question about the ezlift?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used the jacking rails with an ezlift portable lift or other car lift? Also, with the length of the jack rails to be only 34", is their any issue with balance on the jack rails due to too much weight up front?
Drive on lift would be the best.

Here are the jacking rails in action ... with some extra weight in the trunk:

116758d1447947240-steeda-chassis-jacking-rails-img_0426.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Drive on lift would be the best.

Here are the jacking rails in action ... with some extra weight in the trunk:

116758d1447947240-steeda-chassis-jacking-rails-img_0426.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ
TJ should we not be using these with a two post lift?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Damn dude... you got reading incomprehension skills too.

Joe never gave a quality to his mention... he merely said it still tramlines. Where did you see him say it didn't change/reduce the tramlining? Eh? Yeah... he didn't... and even if he did, I accept his word cause he has experience, and you sir, only have a heckler's argument... you know, that of a troll.

Your opinion is that of ignorance...

Let's turn the page bro... quit heckling people who get the added benefit of a device that Steeda doesn't even declare the device actually does... comprende? Capiche? Got milk?

Sheesh...
Wow.

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Mine shipped today. Great customer service. Gave me the forum discount after I ordered because I did not realize there was a discount to be had.
I also ordered the 2 point brace because it was only $72 after the discount. What the heck, maybe it helps, maybe it don't.

What I do know is no since in continuing the beating of a dead horse.

I had the same question about the ezlift?
HK ... haven't ordered mine yet (car still in mothballs and due to go in for recall later this week). Please let me know how well the rails work with the ezlift.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The updated jacking rails use the same part number as the older version.

The change was made around July 2016.

Hope that clears things up.

Best Regards,

TJ

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
The updated jacking rails use the same part number as the older version.

The change was made around July 2016.

Hope that clears things up.

Best Regards,

TJ
ugh. i ordered 2 months too soon :frusty:

i guess i'm ordering new rails again. the grinding into the pavement every day is not fun.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
HK ... haven't ordered mine yet (car still in mothballs and due to go in for recall later this week). Please let me know how well the rails work with the ezlift.
I don't have the lift but was considering buying one. It appears from the earlier response not ideal to use the EZLift.

No worries, I will continue to use jack stands but it will be nice to be able to jack the car from the middle and place both jack stands then move to the other side and repeat.
Sponsored