Sponsored

Which component to start first? (steeda)

wait4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello all,

Ever since I have bought my mustang, I have always hear good reviews about Steeda. Thus, I bought a whole bunch of steeda IRS parts and they are sitting in my room (because I like to stare at them and ask myself when to install them) but I wonder which should I start installing so I don't have to uninstall anything and install again. I have the following parts waiting to go on the mustang:

Steeda G Trac K brace
Front and Rear Swaybars
Differential Bushings
Subframe Bushings
Subframe Support Braces

already have the vertical links installed. :cheers:
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hello all,

Ever since I have bought my mustang, I have always hear good reviews about Steeda. Thus, I bought a whole bunch of steeda IRS parts and they are sitting in my room (because I like to stare at them and ask myself when to install them) but I wonder which should I start installing so I don't have to uninstall anything and install again. I have the following parts waiting to go on the mustang:

Steeda G Trac K brace
Front and Rear Swaybars
Differential Bushings
Subframe Bushings
Subframe Support Braces

1. Differential Bushings
2. Subframe bushings
3. Subframe Support braces
4. Front and Rear Swaybars
5. Steeda G-Trac K brace

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Hello all,

Steeda G Trac K brace
Front and Rear Swaybars
Differential Bushings
Subframe Bushings
Subframe Support Braces

I would do the Differential Bushings and Subframe Bushings at the same time. I'm not sure if you just left it off or didn't get them, but I'd highly recommend getting the Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit (15-17 All) and doing them with those 2. That will help eliminate the need for alignments every time you lower your IRS. Sorry to add 1 more to the list. ;)

OP
OP

wait4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would do the Differential Bushings and Subframe Bushings at the same time. I'm not sure if you just left it off or didn't get them, but I'd highly recommend getting the Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit (15-17 All) and doing them with those 2. That will help eliminate the need for alignments every time you lower your IRS. Sorry to add 1 more to the list. ;)

Yep, I didn't get them but now I do!

OP
OP

wait4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
1. Differential Bushings
2. Subframe bushings
5. Steeda G-Trac K brace
I always thought the swaybars were the first :headbonk:

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
1. Differential Bushings
2. Subframe bushings
5. Steeda G-Trac K brace
Personally I'd do the subframe bushings WITH the alignment pins first/same time.

And if I could go back in time and install my Steeda sway bars again, I would put just the rear one in first and spend some time driving the car around on its softest, middle, and then hardest setting to feel and learn how a stiffer rear sway bar affects handling (especially understeer) on the car. Just be careful about the fact the car will be more likely to oversteer the stiffer you go. Then later install the front sway bar once I get an idea of that affect and experiment there. This would help me understand how to conceptualize sway bar settings in the future. Understeer is a serious weakness and annoyance of this chassis.

SteedaTech is a great resource to talk to personally to setup your car. My car has advanced leagues beyond my own skillset working with him and my skillset is slowly but surely catching up to it thanks in large part to his help. Give him a call sometime... you'll walk away knowing what to do and why.

OP
OP

wait4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Personally I'd do the subframe bushings WITH the alignment pins first/same time.

And if I could go back in time and install my Steeda sway bars again, I would put just the rear one in first and spend some time driving the car around on its softest, middle, and then hardest setting to feel and learn how a stiffer rear sway bar affects handling (especially understeer) on the car. Just be careful about the fact the car will be more likely to oversteer the stiffer you go. Then later install the front sway bar once I get an idea of that affect and experiment there. This would help me understand how to conceptualize sway bar settings in the future. Understeer is a serious weakness and annoyance of this chassis.

SteedaTech is a great resource to talk to personally to setup your car. My car has advanced leagues beyond my own skillset working with him and my skillset is slowly but surely catching up to it thanks in large part to his help. Give him a call sometime... you'll walk away knowing what to do and why.
Thankyou so much for your advice. It funny how I was just looking at your build thread (I subbed long ago) and now you replied to my question. Love your build!

Will definitely give them a call when I have the time.
Sponsored