viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Hey y'all -

Just picked up kkakonn's S550 GT and thought I'd post up a thread to keep it going on m6g.

A bit of background: late last year I picked up a GT350 after looking for one for months. Though after about a month of owning it, I started getting ABS, advancetrac, and steering faults / failures. Dealer tried to fix it with new modules, but still came back. Ford got involved and eventually offered to buy it back as a lemon. I'm still in touch with the dealer and the car is still being worked on to this day... apparently a wiring harness issue, part of the harness under the dash was crushed at the factory when they installed the main screen / display unit. The tech found other strange assembly issues when he pulled the whole dash out to replace the harness.

The experience overall was quite terrible. At first I wanted a replacement - but it was such a PITA that I just gave up. I ended up picking up a Golf R to replace our other snow / daily vehicle and thought I'd just stick with that. Well I was really missing a V8, rwd car - the Golf is amazing but it just doesn't have that visceral feel... I then started looking at the GT and the Coyote's potential with some bolt ons. And right around that time was when I saw kkakonn's car and immediately fell in love. Pulled the trigger and the rest will soon be history!

The car is already incredibly well set up, so I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing - planning on some air / oil separators (catch cans), rear caliper upgrade to match the fronts, and a GT350 IM, TB, and intake later in the year. I'll also post up track pics and videos as I take the car out and shake it down.

Pics

6snUa.jpg

6iyvG.jpg

6ijr2.jpg

6iSok.jpg

6iZZM.jpg

And the matching Golf R :D

6ieh4.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
MOOG hub / bearing service on all 4 corners - had some bearing noise coming from the front right so decided to do all of them. Just pulled the whole spindle / upright off the back to make it easier.

Pics

6oxdL.jpg

Bare spindle with everything off:
6oMgj.jpg

Pressing ARP studs out and back into new MOOG hub:
6oPUo.jpg

6oKrx.jpg

Done
6oYiC.jpg

Noticed the rear caliper boots were torn, not uncommon for these single-piston rear calipers that see track time, so new calipers and guide pins on the way... AP Racing rear calipers won't be ready until later in the year :(

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
You picked up a great car! :thumbsup:

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'll be at Laguna Seca April 30th with Trackmasters. Nice to see another local fracked s550!

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'll check that day... Need some Laguna pipes.

I'm signed up for ongrid buttonwillow on April 16 and thunderhill east in May.
Sweet, almost did April 16th. However I skipped Easter last year to hit the track and the family wasn't happy lol!

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Hey Nik - good to meet you last weekend, fun day at T hill. Here's a shot of our cars in the paddock… See you at the next one :headbang:
IMG_3701.jpg

OP
OP

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Hey Nik - good to meet you last weekend, fun day at T hill. Here's a shot of our cars in the paddock… See you at the next one :headbang:
Nice shot! :cheers:

Great to meet you too - was a fantastic day! Will check out the NCRC dates too.

OP
OP

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Some more pics and progress:

-> Buttonwillow a few weekends ago, video didn't turn out well - but should be back there soon!

-> Installing JLT brake duct kit, also added 170 degree thermostat, ZL1 tow hook, and fresh Ferodo DS2500 pads

-> Shot of tow vehicle - also blue oval - built powerstroke, 5 speed manual

j8w9N.jpg

j85zW.jpg

jOlM3.jpg

jOmAl.jpg

jOrjw.jpg

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Man, your tow vehicle's wheel well looks.....ruff.
Sponsored