Sponsored

S8 Audi tried to bait me

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Nothing more pathetic than a loud and slow truck (and they're pretty much ALL slow) that tries to race.
But when those things are fast, they are REALLY fast. Here in Texas many of those F250's have more than twice the amount of torque that we have.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Audis are one of the most soulless cars on the road. The new ones especially the TTs can't handle at all, manage to constantly under and over steer. Plus in the UK you can't even get them with a stick as they realise their target audience can't cope with three pedals. Id take a Porsche, BMW M or Mustang anyday over an Audi.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I could buy 4 Gt's with $152K ...
"Here's my Spring GT, my Summer GT, my Fall GT, and my Winter GT." :cool:

S8 from a dig owns you. Same with a S7, S6, or RS7.

Any APR tuning and it just gets worse.

Signed,
Former S6 owner
S8 from a $$ point owns you ($116,850). Same with a S7 ($80,850), S6 ($71,850), or RS7 ($130,450).

Any tuning and the $$ hit just gets worse.

Signed,
Former '69 Mustang owner,
and former '82 Mustang owner,
and former '83 Mustang owner,
and former '85 Mustang owner,
and former '93 Mustang owner,
and former '95 Mustang owner,
and former '11 Mustang owner,
and former '12 Mustang owner,
and former '13 Mustang owner,
and current '16 Mustang owner.

:ford:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
The big plus is their AWD - prior to my GT I had a '12 Taurus SHO with a Livernois Tune and a few other upgrades (more air, more exhaust). It was about 450hp at the crank when all was said and done. Even being 1000lbs heavier than a s550 Mustang I would eat their lunch at launch - AWD puts the power DOWN. Longer runs they would catch me but off the line not a chance. Still miss that car now and then but I do LOVE my 'Stang!!!!

If/When I ever go back to a 4-Door and Audi S8 would be high on my list (if I have the $$$) - Unless Ford does something with the Taurus/Fusion and a nice V6 EB again

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I have driven my buddies RS7 and R8 with V10 and they are no joke. It's hard to tell with the 7 since its a huge car, but it felt faster than the R8. Up the program on those and it's tough to beat... Until it's 911 Turbo S time.

What wonderful times we live in to be able to motor about in such machines. I don't like most of the current hybrids, but one has to wonder what's next. How far can the current tech take us? What are the limits of tire composition? Will we even need tires on 10 years?

All said and done, I greatly enjoy my GT now.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My daily driver is a '13 A4. I have an hour commute and live in the snow belt. I need a good mileage car with AWD. I bought it new and installed a stage 1 tune early on. It currently has 145K miles. Yes it consumes oil, but no more than most Voodoo's do. I do all basic maintenance myself and cost of ownership is not bad at all especially if you utilize VAG specific vendor sites for your parts needs.

I had a recall item recently and the dealer gave me a new B9 A4 loaner. It was a base Premium trim level with some options. That car drove great. There is nothing that drives like a German car. I'll always have one.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've had AMG's and Audi's to run thru the twisty's with and they are well handling machines, this is why I do tires/wheels & suspension mods first, as a road warrior and not a 1/4 mile racer. Our GT mustangs just need a few mods to "help" our performance be all it can be. It's a great time to own a sportscar.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

My daily driver is a '13 A4. I have an hour commute and live in the snow belt. I need a good mileage car with AWD. I bought it new and installed a stage 1 tune early on. It currently has 145K miles. Yes it consumes oil, but no more than most Voodoo's do. I do all basic maintenance myself and cost of ownership is not bad at all especially if you utilize VAG specific vendor sites for your parts needs.

I had a recall item recently and the dealer gave me a new B9 A4 loaner. It was a base Premium trim level with some options. That car drove great. There is nothing that drives like a German car. I'll always have one.
Get a VagCom(VCDS) for the A4 from Rosstech. There isn't much you can't do with that tool. Very useful if you own any car made by VAG.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
100% agree. The Germans do have the secret sauce when it comes to overall vehicle feel.

Sponsored

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
if it was the s8 plus it will smoke just about everything (stock) on the road. BTW my A6 3.0 smokes the pants off of my gt350 from 0-60.

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Of course Audi maintenance is insanely expensive, the ignition coils go out so often my neighbor has them on recurring order for his A4. He keeps a water bottle in his garage and sprays the exhaust pipes to see which is out. I know another guy with the S4, hearing him talk his is even worse than the A4, these are cars to lease not buy. Both actual owners i know well say they are car poor because of their Audi's and won't get another. The guy with the S4 says his is down 3-4 months a year now that it's 6 years old, he can't get much for it and dumps thousands into it every year. Each time it has an issue he debates whether or not to simply donate it. My neighbor keeps his Audi because chicks like it, however he is car poor and can't afford to replace it at 180k, so I believe he is driving it a bit more carefully now.

Just an update the owner of the S4 donated it rather than get it fixed the last time something went wrong.

Must be the old b4-b7 gens...the newer models are reliable up to 150k for the most part...wouldn't own one after that.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you stay away from the 996 series, probably.
The engine extended through 2008 in the 911 and cayman/boxster. 2009s you'll notice are significantly more expensive for this reason. 996/997.1 turbos have the metzger engine which has its own things that need addressed, but are generally considered very reliable.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
The engine extended through 2008 in the 911 and cayman/boxster. 2009s you'll notice are significantly more expensive for this reason. 996/997.1 turbos have the metzger engine which has its own things that need addressed, but are generally considered very reliable.
I considered a 996 because I can service the car myself but gdamn the insurance was insane on them. I imagine because of the IMS issue totaling out cars. E60 M5 was the same type deal.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I considered a 996 because I can service the car myself but gdamn the insurance was insane on them. I imagine because of the IMS issue totaling out cars. E60 M5 was the same type deal.
He pays something like $500 a year for it, has had no issues, and loves it. Just hates he has to park it for damn near 6 months a year here in Ohio.
Sponsored