Sponsored

Cold start w/sweet smell, white smoke, rough idle (Problem?)

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Just an idea but leaverage your YouTube marketing benefit with Livernois.

Hopefully they give a a break on a built motor testing their fuel pump from the other thread.

They can use your car for their business maybe going big turbo as well and allow you to make videos on your enjoying it daily.

But definately try another dealer maybe even offering a car review for their business. The contacts made may even get you a break with service to over look the shutters.

Good luck and don’t let this get to you no matter which way it’s resolved.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Well, after my parents and I let them know how displeased we were with the handling of this issue (I.e. Parking my car and doing nothing because of the shutters), they decided to look again.

I'm towing the car back on Monday, they're gonna reset the PCM, then actually look into the problem and if any modification I've made is found to be the fault (I highly doubt that) then warranty is void; and if not then they should actually fix it and hopefully they won't complain if I supply an upgraded head gasket.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
you tuned your car, yeah? no offense intended, but i hope you have a good lawyer fully versed in the intricacies of magnusson-moss if you intend to fight the denial of warranty service headed your way in the near future. good luck!

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
you tuned your car, yeah? no offense intended, but i hope you have a good lawyer fully versed in the intricacies of magnusson-moss if you intend to fight the denial of warranty service headed your way in the near future. good luck!
My dealer isn't concerned with the tune. They're concerned with the other parts. If they deny the warranty, then I'll continue forwards and take care of it by other means. It's not the end of the world. I'm not offended by your comment, but your lack of positivity. No worries. :cheers:

Sponsored

Blackmagik74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang SVO 2.0
By reading all the other comments and seeing the picks, it does look like a headgasket failure. With that said about your tune Im sure it raises the stock boost levels above 18 psi. Which that increases your cylinder pressure which can cause premature gasket failure. So if that is the case they'll most likely have cause to revoke your warranty. Good luck and just hope its a head gasket and not a cracked head.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
towing sounds like more of a hassle than just letting dealership put the stock grille back on. Which is probably better than whatever you have.

There isn't a lot data out there for that upgraded head gasket so you might be experimenting somewhat if you go in that direction.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Towing to the dealer via Ford Roadside Assistance is just so I don't have to drive it there and make things potentially worse, and I have a regular OEM GT grille, nothing special.

The upgraded head gasket is only a precaution only if they allow me to put it in and if it is the head gasket and not a warped or cracked head.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Towing to the dealer via Ford Roadside Assistance is just so I don't have to drive it there and make things potentially worse, and I have a regular OEM GT grille, nothing special.

The upgraded head gasket is only a precaution only if they allow me to put it in and if it is the head gasket and not a warped or cracked head.
Tow is still a hassle, even if its free. And I think you drove the car home from dealership, risking the short block. It would have been a lot easier to just let the dealership put the OEM grille back on and continue with the repair. I haven't looked at that grille but its likely better than the GT grille.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
You have a link to the head gasket or the part number you are using? I take you ate upgrading that. Wanted to know if it was the Ford revision or a 3 ts party one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Tow is still a hassle, even if its free. And I think you drove the car home from dealership, risking the short block. It would have been a lot easier to just let the dealership put the OEM grille back on and continue with the repair. I haven't looked at that grille but its likely better than the GT grille.
True, and true. At the time I took the car back home, they weren't even repairing the car, nor were they looking at it. I'm not talking about the exterior grille, I'm talking about the shutters. I would've had to buy the $300 grille shutters and install them either on my own time or pay the labor to have them do it just to have them look at the car, not work on it.

Changing the exterior grille was an aesthetic choice and is an irrelevant matter:
GT
81Lf3YbzTYL._SX355_.jpg

EB
41nbUp0cHlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Images aren't same scale, but it looks like the GT grille blocks more air flow.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
You have a link to the head gasket or the part number you are using? I take you ate upgrading that. Wanted to know if it was the Ford revision or a 3 ts party one.
This is the one I'd planned on using. I haven't ordered one yet. I just noticed it looks a bit different the OEM gasket.

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...-hg-feco23-1-3t?ref=isp_rel_prd&isp_ref_pos=4

Might end up using the OEM because the only other option that looks identical to the OEM is this $210 variant.
https://www.maperformance.com/produ...ecoboost-bc8299?ref=isp_rel_prd&isp_ref_pos=3

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
This is the one I'd planned on using. I haven't ordered one yet. I just noticed it looks a bit different the OEM gasket.

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...-hg-feco23-1-3t?ref=isp_rel_prd&isp_ref_pos=4

Might end up using the OEM because the only other option that looks identical to the OEM is this $210 variant.
https://www.maperformance.com/produ...ecoboost-bc8299?ref=isp_rel_prd&isp_ref_pos=3
This is the option that I'd go with.

https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...headgasket-for-2015-ecoboost-mustang-focus-rs
Sponsored