2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The ford FPC 5.2 is awesome, i love how it revs and sounds but since i already have one, I personally wont buy the ME corvette with the NA FPC. Id prefere NA 600+CPC
If not available, id do a 650+ twin turbo v8. 3200 lbs .... would be excellent... maybe even the sweet spot.
Either way ill be waiting to hear both the gt500 and the mid engine corvette offerings before making a decision.
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Would be sweet if they would pull the cover off both at the same show! Doubt we will be that lucky. I to want to see both before I pull the trigger.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm sure the Corvette is going to cost A LOT more than the GT500. But, you'll probably get a lot more as well, so it would be worth it. You get what you pay for. (Not always, but most of the time.)

I'm going to come clean here too,.........lol :)
Just the other day, I built a 2018 Grand Sport on the Chevy website. I loaded it up the exact way I want it, colors included. (Z07 package, A8, all real carbon pieces, etc.), I watched the price climb and climb. lol :eyebulge:
I really like the car, but I don't know if I'm a "Corvette guy".
Eventually I would have to add a Procharger P-1X to it and it would cost even more money.
But for the money, you are getting an AMAZING interior and numbers very, very close to the Z06 in 0-60 and quarter miles times. All with 200 less HP and TQ.
(I had the interior spec'd out with the top interior because of the Z07 package with yellow stitching on interior pieces and real carbon fiber and leather/suede/alcantara pieces. Car was made out to be Glen Watkins Grey with the yellow calipers and ceramic carbon brakes of course. Beautiful inside and out. A real looker, that's for sure. :love:)

Last edited:

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I'm sure the Corvette is going to cost A LOT more than the GT500. But, you'll probably get a lot more as well, so it would be worth it. You get what you pay for. (Not always, but most of the time.)

I'm going to come clean here too,.........lol :)
Just the other day, I built a 2018 Grand Sport on the Chevy website. I loaded it up the exact way I want it, colors included. (Z07 package, A8, all real carbon pieces, etc.), I watched the price climb and climb. lol :eyebulge:
I really like the car, but I don't know if I'm a "Corvette guy".
Eventually I would have to add a Procharger P-1X to it and it would cost even more money.
But for the money, you are getting an AMAZING interior and numbers very, very close to the Z06 in 0-60 and quarter miles times. All with 200 less HP and TQ.
(I had the interior spec'd out with the top interior because of the Z07 package with yellow stitching on interior pieces and real carbon fiber and leather/suede/alcantara pieces. Car was made out to be Glen Watkins Grey with the yellow calipers and ceramic carbon brakes of course. Beautiful inside and out. A real looker, that's for sure. :love:)
Kerbeck Corvette. Easily 10 grand off that price, and that's without talking to anyone there.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it makes me smile thinking about how all the Chevy people are suddenly going to say that DOHC V8s are great. After all these years of saying they are too big, too top heavy, whatever. Not sure how they are going to explain why the top dog Chevy got one.

The same way there going to explain the aluminum silverado when it comes out ignore what they've said in the past and say there's is better :lol:

Sponsored

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
you mean like when Apple said that they didn't need to build a larger screen phone just one that was taller and 3 years later we have a 6 and 7 plus. HAHAHA!!!!

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
The Steeda GT350X looks pretty impressive with the Whipple supercharger. Wonder if the next GT500 will be similar.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Kerbeck Corvette. Easily 10 grand off that price, and that's without talking to anyone there.
Yes sir. :) Been on their website as well as MacMulkin Chevrolet. Thank you.

Like I posted earlier, just messing around building. Not really sure I am a "Corvette guy". But, they sure do look really nice, both the Grand Sport w/Z07 package and the Z06 w/Z07 package. Especially that custom interior on the Grand Sport that I built on the Chevy website. So nice.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
The Steeda GT350X looks pretty impressive with the Whipple supercharger. Wonder if the next GT500 will be similar.
That car is pretty impressive. Does anybody know if they left all the internals of that engine stock or do they build it up?

Sponsored

tra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby
i have a deposit down on one already. I just hope that is comes out soon and that it is fast as hell.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
i have a deposit down on one already. I just hope that is comes out soon and that it is fast as hell.
Really?!?!?
For a new GT500? Do you have a copy of the deposit receipt because I have a hard time believing you. No offense, would just like to see it. :thumbsup:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I had money down on a Demon a year before it broke cover. Have money down now for both the next ME Corvette and GT500. The money is merely a place holder if you decide to purchase. Could have purchased a Demon if I wanted. Once I saw it wasn't for me the dealer refunded the deposit. Never hurts to be in line.

tra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby
I had money down on a Demon a year before it broke cover. Have money down now for both the next ME Corvette and GT500. The money is merely a place holder if you decide to purchase. Could have purchased a Demon if I wanted. Once I saw it wasn't for me the dealer refunded the deposit. Never hurts to be in line.

Correct.

The guy who asked the question must be digging for something. "show me the reciept" Really!! NO!!
Sponsored