Sponsored

Touch screen climate control not working.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I have 2015 GTPP Premium with out the shaker pro. So no nav. A while back, I got forscan and all that. Changed a few things on the car and added navigation. Everything worked fine after that. Today when I got in my car, my touch screen climate controls are not working. It's showing off, but the AC is on and going. It even beeps when you touch the on "button" but nothing happens. All the physical buttons work without issue. Everything else on the touch screen works fine.
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Try to reset your HU. Which one do you have? Sync2 or Sync3?

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Try to reset your HU. Which one do you have? Sync2 or Sync3?
Sync 2. I tried the reset through head unit itself. There was no change. The odd thing was, it kept my radio station presets and eq settings. I guess I'll disconnect the battery next and go from three.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync 2. I tried the reset through head unit itself. There was no change. The odd thing was, it kept my radio station presets and eq settings. I guess I'll disconnect the battery next and go from three.
Most likely it wasn't a full reset. Everything should've been gone (preset, eq, ...). The battery unplugged should do the trick. It could also be the harness in the back of the HU that moved or a bad internal board. It could be many things but let's start small. Sometimes, something could be fixed as simple as a reset

Sponsored

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Most likely it wasn't a full reset. Everything should've been gone (preset, eq, ...). The battery unplugged should do the trick. It could also be the harness in the back of the HU that moved or a bad internal board. It could be many things but let's start small. Sometimes, something could be fixed as simple as a reset
I'm hoping it's simple. My bumper to bumper expired last month. I should have the car back by Tuesday (getting the bumper resprayed), so battery pull it'll be.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping it's simple. My bumper to bumper expired last month. I should have the car back by Tuesday (getting the bumper resprayed), so battery pull it'll be.
Keep us updated. It could help someone else if it ever worked out for you:cheers:

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I fixed this issue. I changed the wrong line of code when I was messing with my car.

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I fixed this issue. I changed the wrong line of code when I was messing with my car.
Any chance you remember what line of code you changed and to what? My friend is having the same issue and im trying to track it down.

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Any chance you remember what line of code you changed and to what? My friend is having the same issue and im trying to track it down.

Thanks!

I'd be lying if I told you. Sorry.

I think I ended using some Ford website to find what all the codes were supposed to be and started comparing them.

_MJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I'd be lying if I told you. Sorry.

I think I ended using some Ford website to find what all the codes were supposed to be and started comparing them.
Hi, I'm super new to this forum, and my car, but am having the same issue mentioned in this thread. Climate controls buttons won't work, though the system is on. I've disconnected the battery and it worked briefly, then didn't work the next time I started the car. I did a factory reset on the software, and now the lights flash on when I turn it on, but turn off after about a second.

Can you tell me what code you changed, were you using FORSCAN, or find some open source software to mess around with? I just have no context to what code could be changed, and am happy to do what you did, compare and see if I can figure out the code that's f*cked, but just don't know where to start. TIA!
Sponsored