Sponsored

R for 5k over is realistic?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Wow lots of people willing to ditch for about $75k, it seems.
Yep. Quite a few on ebay around that price and still not moving. With the extra yeah of production, GT500 on the way, winter approaching...well the market is softening it seems. Sadly the same goes for the base GT350, I bet trade in on a low mile one is sub 50k now
Sponsored

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
With my engine issues, I am considering getting out of this car. Initially GT3 was what I was after but at 2x the price but same performance, its a tough pill to swallow so maybe I said I should look into getting an R. The thing is, how bad are ADMs? 75k is maximum I want to spend assuming I get 50-52 for my 2017.

There is many around that offers can be made, new and used. You your self, are comparing to the 2x price car. I have one and believe they are worth every penny. Just a awesome car. I never paid a high adm and believe they are worth the sticker price to 10k over. If you buy used privately you could save on tax I'm sure also. If you want it go get it. No disapointments for a R. Just my thoughts. Actually I'm removing mine from the classifieds. I just like to many different toys, that's my problem and would be reason for selling.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's what I paid for my avalanche grey R, but it took some doin'

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Which is still 7k over for a previously owned car. I get it, you pay 10-15+ over and are taking a hit at 75(asking), but that's not going to change the fact 7k over is pretty much the high side for a brand new one these days, and less if you put some time in.JMO
I see your logic but consider the fact that a lot of people didn't spend that much over and the real possibility that these will hang in this price range for a while. People who buy at or near sticker are sitting pretty, IMO.. A 2016 RR R with 4k miles sold for $83k recently.

Think about it - How many years, if ever, do you think it will take for an R to depreciate to, say... the $45k mark (Roughly where 2014 GT500s are, presently)?

LateBrakeU2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST DD, 350R, 15 Z/28
I see your logic but consider the fact that a lot of people didn't spend that much over and the real possibility that these will hang in this price range for a while. People who buy at or near sticker are sitting pretty, IMO.. A 2016 RR R with 4k miles sold for $83k recently.

Think about it - How many years, if ever, do you think it will take for an R to depreciate to, say... the $45k mark (Roughly where 2014 GT500s are, presently)?
I'm a Chevy guy ,so i'm used to big discounts, lol. I have wanted an R since they came out, being in CA just wasn't going to pay 40k over two years ago(or 15k now). I am astonished at how these have held their water four model years in. As an example, 350R production will probably equal Z/28 production(two MY's) and those are going for 30k back of MSRP currentely. That ain't gonna happen with these anytime soon. i do think the sticker R cars are in the extreme minority, so yeah if you got one at window a year ago you probably flipped it a week later for a tidy profit. I don't blame dealers for swingin for the fences as they don't get a lot of chances with cars like this. Actively looking for one,don't expect to get one for window but am willing to pay a relatively modest premium. Bad ass car, have sold all my period muscle and will have two in my garage-Z/28 and an R. To me these two represent the best of the last NA road course themed cars i will see in this lifetime. :cheers:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Keep looking - I hear of low ADM deals seemingly every week or two.

I’ve had mine for 16 months now. I paid a very small ADM and could have flipped it but decided I’d rather have the car.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
$5K is possible but YOU have to work for it. Don't expect that to land in your lap and it can happen IMO. Some have gotten lucky and had deals handed to them, however, but I wouldn't bank on it if it's something you really want.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
i do think the sticker R cars are in the extreme minority, so yeah if you got one at window a year ago you probably flipped it a week later for a tidy profit. :cheers:
Guess I'm in the minority then. My dealer doesn't do ADM's on anything. I've had mine for close to two years now and have never seriously considered selling it.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Guess I'm in the minority then. My dealer doesn't do ADM's on anything. I've had mine for close to two years now and have never seriously considered selling it.
I think you are definitely in the minority and also a little lucky. I called that same dealer the day order banks opened (possibly earlier) but for whatever reason wasn't able to find anyone who knew about the GT350. Called back a while later and they already had a very long waiting list. I think you were able to time things perfectly on that, or maybe I just got very unlucky!

To the OP, I think 5K over is doable, especially if you are willing to go lightly used. It will take some work, lots of calls, and probably a little luck as well. Based on your driving style however, I wonder if you will experience similar issues as on your current car?

-T

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
I paid 7k over and that was in Maryland last Saturday. Cheapest one i found after calling all over the country well at least for ones that had the options and color combo i was looking for. IMO the car looks so much better with stripes

Sponsored
OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The problem also is my trade. They are offering me 42-43k for my car. Its 2017 with 13k miles but does have full xpel ($3500), full FP exhaust ($2300), and MGW shifter ($750) - these are costs with labor). Yes I know mods are worth nothing but 42k for 1 year old car? Thats 30% depreciation! I m quite upset to be honest was hoping 50k at least. Not sure what to do.

Maybe I ll just go through another engine and to the point car goes to the shop enough times and I lemon it. Because you guys are saying most people who got the second engine had the same problem with it as far as oil consumption. If the car spends 20 days in shop, thats it for lemon law.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Dealer in OK offered me 51,900 on trade for a ZL1(slightly used), for reference fellas.

I was so mad at the warranty process I almost did it too....should have this finicky cat back any day now

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The problem also is my trade. They are offering me 42-43k for my car. Its 2017 with 13k miles but does have full xpel ($3500), full FP exhaust ($2300), and MGW shifter ($750) - these are costs with labor). Yes I know mods are worth nothing but 42k for 1 year old car? Thats 30% depreciation! I m quite upset to be honest was hoping 50k at least. Not sure what to do.

Maybe I ll just go through another engine and to the point car goes to the shop enough times and I lemon it. Because you guys are saying most people who got the second engine had the same problem with it as far as oil consumption. If the car spends 20 days in shop, thats it for lemon law.
THat sounds about right for a car with 13k miles and yes your mods add zero value. You can try carmax or KBB instant offer and see if they do any better. If the R market is softening that means the GT350 market is going to be even softer.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I would not plan on the R market continuing to soften in the near future based on the present inventory of 2017 R's slowly being bought up.

Also, once most of the new 2017 inventory fades away over the next month or two don't expect to see many 2018 R's offered for sale based on very low production numbers for October and with many/most R's being preordered for their customers.

Once the present inventory fades away it will be a long wait until next Spring before we see any new production and even then production will be very limited from ~March to ~May 2018.

;)

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I would not plan on the R market continuing to soften in the near future based on the present inventory of 2017 R's slowly being bought up.

Also, once most of the new 2017 inventory fades away over the next month or two don't expect to see many 2018 R's offered for sale based on very low production numbers for October and with many/most R's being preordered for their customers.

Once the present inventory fades away it will be a long wait until next Spring before we see any new production and even then production will be very limited from ~March to ~May 2018.

;)
That will most likely stand true if Ford does not announce a new kid on the block, the GT500. If it does, interest in the R will drop ... I know mine will.
Sponsored