GT/PP suspension upgrades?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
What suspension upgrades have folks done to their GTs with the Performance Package?

I'm lowered on Steeda's progressive springs and just wondering if there's something else to do to my 2015 GT/PP to make her ride/handle a little better. Better shocks maybe? :cheers:
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What suspension upgrades have folks done to their GTs with the Performance Package?

I'm lowered on Steeda's progressive springs and just wondering if there's something else to do to my 2015 GT/PP to make her ride/handle a little better. Better shocks maybe? :cheers:
Pro Action Fixed Valve Shocks
Cradle Lockout Kit
Billet Shock Mounts

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Pro Action Fixed Valve Shocks
Cradle Lockout Kit
Billet Shock Mounts
Thanks, BmacIL.

I'm asking Steeda about the shocks and mounts.

I'm assuming they would work no problem with my set up - Steeda Progressive Springs and 20" Velgen wheels with Bridgtone 275/35ZR20s and 295/35ZR20s.

And I'd like to maintain the current ride height which I think is perfect for my car.

Also wondering if this would be a direct replacement or if something else would be required.

Other than the lowering springs, I haven't done anything to the suspension and I'm getting bored and looking for my next mod. :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, BmacIL.

I'm asking Steeda about the shocks and mounts.

I'm assuming they would work no problem with my set up - Steeda Progressive Springs and 20" Velgen wheels with Bridgtone 275/35ZR20s and 295/35ZR20s.

And I'd like to maintain the current ride height which I think is perfect for my car.

Also wondering if this would be a direct replacement or if something else would be required.

Other than the lowering springs, I haven't done anything to the suspension and I'm getting bored and looking for my next mod. :cheers:
Those parts will work great with your current setup. A must-do is to get the IRS cradle stabilized. I like the BMR CB005 for its simplicity and value, but the Steeda Braces paired with their Support System work quite well too. Either choice will get you a significant improvement in rear connectedness and response, huge reduction in wheel hop and more confidence to put power down.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Those parts will work great with your current setup. A must-do is to get the IRS cradle stabilized. I like the BMR CB005 for its simplicity and value, but the Steeda Braces paired with their Support System work quite well too. Either choice will get you a significant improvement in rear connectedness and response, huge reduction in wheel hop and more confidence to put power down.
Thanks, man.

I'm looking at the BMR cradle lockout now on the interweb. Looks like American Muscle carries it. Might as well have it all done at once.

I can turn a wrench a bit, but I'll have Soul Speed here in Austin install the shocks, mounts, and cradle lockout. :cheers:

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, man.

I'm looking at the BMR cradle lockout now on the interweb. Looks like American Muscle carries it. Might as well have it all done at once.

I can turn a wrench a bit, but I'll have Soul Speed here in Austin install the shocks, mounts, and cradle lockout. :cheers:
Let me know if I can help assist with pricing & a complete Steeda package - happy to help ... the https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html are a great compliment to the package above :)

TJ

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I agree with Bmac on the cradle lockout. He was the reason why I bought one and it improved the car greatly. Also, as he said, shocks should make a big difference. My stock shocks would bounce like crazy and make the rear end feel like a catapult, the firmer shocks really tamed that down A LOT.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
I agree with Bmac on the cradle lockout. He was the reason why I bought one and it improved the car greatly. Also, as he said, shocks should make a big difference. My stock shocks would bounce like crazy and make the rear end feel like a catapult, the firmer shocks really tamed that down A LOT.
I'm assuming it will be an upgrade to my PP even though I have no complaints. The car drives and handles great. But if new shocks, mounts, and cradle lock improve it, my addiction to mods says go for it. :headbang: :cheers:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm assuming it will be an upgrade to my PP even though I have no complaints. The car drives and handles great. But if new shocks, mounts, and cradle lock improve it, my addiction to mods says go for it. :headbang: :cheers:
The PP are good from what I hear, but not great. They're a step up from the base GT setup like I had but they could have been better. It seems like a lot of guys upgrade the PP suspension like us base guys do. I love the setup I run now, I couldn't be happier. It feels like a race car in the turns but is still very street-able.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
The PP are good from what I hear, but not great. They're a step up from the base GT setup like I had but they could have been better. It seems like a lot of guys upgrade the PP suspension like us base guys do. I love the setup I run now, I couldn't be happier. It feels like a race car in the turns but is still very street-able.
I think I'm gonna have to pull the trigger unless someone can talk me out of it. Anyone? :D. :cheers:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm gonna have to pull the trigger unless someone can talk me out of it. Anyone? :D. :cheers:
No argument from me. You'll really like it.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not me. BMR cradle lockout and shocks will help a lot. I know, because I just added them a few weeks ago. :D

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
A must-do is to get the IRS cradle stabilized.
I just did a track day where I was the fastest PDX driver against a handful of Corvettes and a Z28. PP with the Ford Track suspension. No IRS stabilizing mods at all. No problems with wheel hop. I think they are overrated for non dragstrip use (plus I think they are illegal for FS, STP, and maybe even ESP).

Biggest issue was not enough camber, especially up front. So add some camber plates or bolts.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Even though good fixed-valve shocks with the appropriate rates should be enough, I do really prefer adjustable shocks over fixed valved shocks.

You have more room to tune if you find you like a firmer or softer ride.

So I'd say go with Steeda Adjustables if you think you'll want a soft ride, or maybe Koni Yellows if you have heavier wheels or intend to drive real hard.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Even though good fixed-valve shocks with the appropriate rates should be enough, I do really prefer adjustable shocks over fixed valved shocks.

You have more room to tune if you find you like a firmer or softer ride.

So I'd say go with Steeda Adjustables if you think you'll want a soft ride, or maybe Koni Yellows if you have heavier wheels or intend to drive real hard.
Thanks, NightmareMoon. I don't track my car, although I've thought about it. But I do like having somewhat of a road warrior beast of a car to daily drive.

The difference b/w the adjustable Steeda shocks and the non-adjustable is $270. Not all the money in the world but something for me to think about.

I suspect that if I went with the adjustable shocks, I'd find my sweet spot on them and then never adjust them again.

But if I go with the non-adjustable ones, I'm rolling the dice and hoping that they come set on a ride that I like.

For me, I just want a better ride than the OEM shocks provide. They're not bad, and it is a PP car, but I often feel the ride is a bit too harsh and bouncy.

First world problems. Right? :cheers:
Sponsored