Broke Built MT82

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I am really happy with my T56 Magnum. In my case I wanted different gear ratios and and I am convinced the best shifter is one built into the trans not just attached. The drive shaft you use with the T56 has no slip joint and another big plus in my experience. With the hard launches you are doing you might also want the scatter shield that comes with the T56.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am really happy with my T56 Magnum. In my case I wanted different gear ratios and and I am convinced the best shifter is one built into the trans not just attached. The drive shaft you use with the T56 has no slip joint and another big plus in my experience. With the hard launches you are doing you might also want the scatter shield that comes with the T56.
Good to hear as I decided to go with the magnum XL from a memeber on here. Should be picking it up this weekend and hopefully have it installed sometime next week.

What is the scatter shield?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Good to hear as I decided to go with the magnum XL from a memeber on here. Should be picking it up this weekend and hopefully have it installed sometime next week.

What is the scatter shield?
It's a steel bellhousing that protects you from shrapnel if the flywheel or other pieces decide to grenade.
Old school here ...was drag racing back in the 70's....:eyebulge:
Had a 70 small block Chevy Nova...flywheel blew apart and took the entire dash to a upward V... just missed losing my right foot by inches... :hail:
Auto trans guys use a trans blanket..basically a kevlar wrap for the same reasons. Just didn't think many use them anymore due to the better quality of parts and materials.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I agree, I think it was the RXT. But I don't want to to switch to the RST, I have heard of them slipping at high power levels and different applications. I would prefer to get a trans that can handle the RXT and my current power... and future power.
Your power level does not even come close to max out the RST Your #s D1SC Procharger Stage II 644whp/531tq are well within the RST limits. I ran the MT82/RST and when I pulled it it never failed. 793/643 are my #s Runs perfect. I am now running the Magnum XL Tremec. The RXT is a shock to the trans gears. Virtually no give with the RXT.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For you Tremec guys do not shift over 7800 RPMs. Tremec warned me about this thought I would pass this on. Also I got lucky, the 2:66 First geared Tremec was delivered and I installed the 4:11 rear diff gears and I hit the bullseye by luck. Really really woke this bad boy up. Running Bridgestone RE-11s traction is manageable. Hooks very good for the limits of this street tire. :headbang:

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Your power level does not even come close to max out the RST Your #s D1SC Procharger Stage II 644whp/531tq are well within the RST limits. I ran the MT82/RST and when I pulled it it never failed. 793/643 are my #s Runs perfect. I am now running the Magnum XL Tremec. The RXT is a shock to the trans gears. Virtually no give with the RXT.
You're right the RST probably would have been fine at my current power level and I don't drag my car so also probably good there. I would rather Magnum swap it and keep the RXT in there. I have plans to go E85 which could put me over the limit for the RST.

That's good to know about the 7,800 rpm on the Magnum, I never go over 7,500 but that could change in the future. I'm interested to see how I like the 2.66 gears with the PP 3.73s.

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
I just joined this club. I blew my built mt82 on its first pass down the track. Where are you guys buying the magnum xl ? D&D or someone else ?

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just joined this club. I blew my built mt82 on its first pass down the track. Where are you guys buying the magnum xl ? D&D or someone else ?
It's not a fun club to join, I don't recommend joining it twice. Definitely go with a magnum or 6060. I'm getting mine from a forum member here who is auto swapping. I checked out D&D and probably would have gone with them if I hadn't found a used magnum.

Sponsored

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
For you Tremec guys do not shift over 7800 RPMs. Tremec warned me about this thought I would pass this on. Also I got lucky, the 2:66 First geared Tremec was delivered and I installed the 4:11 rear diff gears and I hit the bullseye by luck. Really really woke this bad boy up. Running Bridgestone RE-11s traction is manageable. Hooks very good for the limits of this street tire. :headbang:
Whose 4.11 gear are you running ? US gear ? Did you go with the isf finish ?

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Whose 4.11 gear are you running ? US gear ? Did you go with the isf finish ?
I can check. I believe it was Yukon gear out of Washington state.

They dont make them anymore
They just started making them. Mine was 1 set out of 3. These are the 1st 3 sets on the street. There should be a bunch on the street soon.
Sponsored