Sponsored

Imprint in leather seats?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Does anyone's leather driver seat bottom look like crap? Mine is all bunched up right where you sit. My car only has 3k miles and I swear it's been this way since I bought it. Will the dealer fix something like that? I had leather seats in my Jeep for 14 years and never had any issues like that. My passenger side is perfect (probably because it's rarely used).
Sponsored

SfSerge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Evolution: 2015 Mustang Perf Prem
From what I've seen in pictures it's everyone's Perfect leather seats. After you get up it's really bad but settles after a while. From what I've seen they won't replace it.

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
I have taken mine in and the dealership cut some excess and stretched the leather. It started looking bad after couple months again and it sounded like they would've replaced the seat cover if I kept the car.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank's. If it gets worse I'll take it in. It's just annoying because I take really good care of the interior of the car and this makes it look terrible and there's not much you can do to avoid it.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Might want to check out Zaino leather treatment, I purchased some myself after doing research and it should keep it as healthy as possible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might want to check out Zaino leather treatment, I purchased some myself after doing research and it should keep it as healthy as possible.
I use conditioner and cleaner but I think this is something with the leather stretching or the foam under it.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I had that issue when I had a premium. The dealer replaced the seat bottoms and the problem just came right back. Issue is the leather just sucks. It starts off a light booty print and just gets worse

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Normal wear and tear. Your butt stretches out the leather and it'll slowly start separating from the foam. How much you weigh and how careful you are with ingress/egress all contribute to how fast it wears. Nothing you can do and unless its a manufacturing defect the dealer wouldn't be able to do anything.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I am glad I have california special with suede in the middle. no stretching.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the California special still have heated and cooled vented seats with the suede inserts? That would be ideal. I wish I knew the leather would look this bad after a few days or driving in the car, I would have gotten the Recaros.

CMEGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTCS
I think the California special still have heated and cooled vented seats with the suede inserts? That would be ideal. I wish I knew the leather would look this bad after a few days or driving in the car, I would have gotten the Recaros.
Yep, Cali Spl has the heated and cooled seats.....and very nice Miko inserts : )

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
There's a video on Youtube that shows an upholstery shop using a hand steamer to loosen the leather and remove wrinkles. I used to have one for my suits when traveling. I'm sure Amazon can help.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a video on Youtube that shows an upholstery shop using a hand steamer to loosen the leather and remove wrinkles. I used to have one for my suits when traveling. I'm sure Amazon can help.
Thank's. I'll have to pick one up.